Lexington, NE | Full Time
Cooper Consolidated, LLC
LaPlace, LA | Full Time
Metro Group Inc
Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
Wabtec Components LLC
Knoxville, TN | Full Time
Shiner, TX | Full Time
City of Midland
Midland, TX | Full Time
JB Poindexter & Co
Ringgold, VA | Full Time
Olathe, KS | Part Time
923 FLSmidth Inc.
Winfield, WV | Full Time
Ponca City Development Authority
Ponca City, OK | Full Time
Shippensburg, PA | Full Time
Atlanta, GA | Other
Peosta, IA | Full Time
Crystal Lake, IL | Full Time
Las Vegas, NV | Full Time
Grand Prairie, TX | Full Time
Windsor, CT | Full Time
Franjo Construction Corporation
Pittsburgh, PA | Full Time
Environmental Tectonics Corporation
Southampton, PA | Full Time
Metro Door, LLC
Lewisburg, TN | Full Time
Industrial Heat Transfer, Inc.
Coon Valley, WI | Full Time
Topeka, KS | Full Time
Viking Engineering and Development
Fridley, MN | Full Time
Selas Heat Technology Company LLC
Streetsboro, OH | Full Time
Glenshaw, PA | Full Time
Houston, TX | Full Time
More Search Results
Lexington, NE | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Welder
REPORTS TO: Welding Supervisor
- Understand and apply appropriate policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- Participate in meetings, projects and activities in support of company and team goals.
- Anticipate problems and take steps to correct issues which may reduce performance.
- Maintain proficiency in relevant knowledge skills and in the use of applicable equipment.
- Accurately and timely accomplish core responsibilities.
- Attend during scheduled work times.
- Use shop drawings or other written or verbal instructions to create or repair weldments by cutting, joining or surfacing various fabricated metal parts.
- Lift parts to and from pallets and baskets to and from welding tables.
- Check parts for correct sizing and measurements
- Clean and prepare surfaces before welding.
- Use measuring instruments and hand tools to set up parts in a variety of positions, with or without the use of jigs, holding fixtures, guides or steps.
- Select equipment and set voltage and wire feed settings.
- Weld from a variety of positions to obtain proper strength and appearance.
- Fit, align, and adjust parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements.
- Scrape and clean surfaces after welding.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Count, record, and stack finished weldments.
- Perform other assigned tasks within the scope of this position.
OTHER JOB CRITERIA
- Adhere to safety policies and practices.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Some irregular work hours, shifts and overtime.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Non-air conditioned manufacturing plant environment with exposure to heat, noise, grime, dust, weld sparks and smoke.
- Positions during the day include, but are not limited to long periods of standing, bending, stretching, leaning, stooping and twisting.
- Motions include, but are not limited to, walking, pushing, pulling, gripping, lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 lbs.
- Safety equipment worn as needed is protective clothing, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, weld helmets, face shields and respirators.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Post-high school technical training and 1 to 2 years of experience, or
- Significant industrial on-the-job experience in lieu of technical training.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to understand and follow instructions given in English.
$15.00-$22.00per hour based on experience
$2,000 Hire on bonus paid out over 6 months.