Agency: Health and Human Services
Position: Project Manager
Positions Available: 1
Work Location: Boston, MA
Clearance Level: Public Trust
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
We are seeking a Project Manager to oversee and maintain the quality of work for the Office of Head Start (OHS) and Office of Grants Management (OGM), and to support Federal staff with high quality grants management services.
· Supervise, train, and provide direction to contractor support staff.
· Oversee application activities, award monitoring (Five Year Oversight System Support), customer service, program, fiscal, information systems, and administrative support activities, communicating daily with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
· Utilize internal and external data management systems such as, GrantSolutions, Audit Resolution Tracking and Monitoring Systems (ARTMS) and HSES, to develop timely and accurate data sets, analysis reports and information in support of the project, and as required and directed by the COR.
· Develop forms and protocols to support internal data collection, conduct data collection and entry activities, and develop quality assurance processes to ensure the validity of data collection
· Develop written documentation including analytical reports, work plans, procedures, and
written training materials to strengthen OGM information and records management systems
· Develop procedures to ensure effective implementation of modifications to, and improvements in, information and records management systems as needed
· Maintain quality assurance processes and procedures and provide quality control of products generated by contractor staff.
· Ensure the maintenance of all official electronic grant files for new and continued grant awards.
· Develop an effective communication plan which is well defined, clearly understood and includes reporting and corrective action instructions.
· Draft written reports and correspondence, and develop presentation materials including speaking points, electronic presentations and written information related to projects.
· Complete documentation including, summaries of oversight contact activities, relevant correspondence, action plans and follow up as required by Regional Office procedures.
· Create profiles of exemplary practices associated with Regional Office priorities (e.g., literacy and child outcomes).
· A minimum of a BA or BS Degree, with a preference for a master’s degree, in a field related to Accounting, Finance and Business Management from an accredited university or college.
· Seven plus years of relevant and progressive post-baccalaureate professional experience managing client services projects of the size, scope, and complexity similar to the proposed project.
· A minimum of four years of progressive supervisory/leadership experience.
· Expertise and experience with Federal grants management, preferred.
· Expertise and experience in budget oversight and management.
· Expertise and experience using MS Office and data management systems.
· Demonstrated ability to review, aggregate, and present data gathered from multiple sources.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and produce high quality written products such as memoranda, presentations, and correspondence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $110,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
The job skills required for Project Manager include Project Management, Leadership, Analysis, Presentation, Quality control,and Life insurance etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Manager for your reference.