Responsible for all supply, capacity and inventory planning activities for manufactured products. Effectively manage inventory levels to meet customer demand and financial requirements while maintaining or exceeding company OTIF metrics. Accountable for the back end of the SI&OP process, acts as a business partner to Product Management and is the key liaison between Customer Service, Operations and the Supply Chain organization.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Supply Chain Planner
· Develop monthly aggregate plan (PSI).
· Develop monthly capacity plan for key work centers.
· Develop and execute Master Production Schedule (MPS).
· Execute MRP and review exception lists as required.
· Manage finished goods replenishment orders.
· Set & maintain appropriate inventory levels across all applicable distribution centers in supply chain network.
· Develop & communicate weekly production schedules for all assigned work centers.
· Create purchase plans & purchase orders for sourced resale products.
· Achieve customer service, finished goods working capital and inventory turns targets.
· Develop and update safety stock models with regular cadence per Fenner supply chain procedures.
· Work directly with manufacturing on planning processes, process improvement & schedule adherence initiatives.
· Work directly with sourced suppliers on purchase planning processes, process improvement, shipping adherence metrics & relationship building.
· Maintain item master data in ERP system.
· Maintain required data to update inventory base stock levels & customer service policies.
· Seamlessly communicate major supply planning changes throughout the organization.
· Perform EOQ analyses as required.
· Take on and/or lead project work as required.
· Apply Lean & Continuous Improvement principles to improve processes and achieve key performance indicators.
· Communicate in a timely manner with customer service on all related inquiries, schedule date changes, quality issues, etc.
· Provide functional support to key internal stakeholders.
· Perform ad hoc analyses as required.
· Maintain and Promote Values and Behaviors at all times.
The job skills required for Supply Chain Planner include Supply chain, Planning, Customer Service, Continuous Improvement, ERP,and Supply Planning etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Supply Chain Planner. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Supply Chain Planner. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Supply Chain Planner, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Supply Chain Planner for your reference.