Department: Investment Solutions
Position Reports to: President
Location: Birmingham, AL
OneAscent is a family of companies committed to delivering Values Aligned, Kingdom Driven financial solutions. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL with office locations across the United States, our mission is to empower advisors and investors to fully live out their values and convictions. At OneAscent, our faith is core to who we are – it influences the way we live personally, professionally, and how we manage the business. In order to effectively serve our clients and our employees, OneAscent is committed to honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company in a manner consistent with Biblical principles. Our desire is to help each employee flourish in their natural gifting while also working to accomplish OneAscent’s mission.
INVESTMENT OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE ROLE
The Investment Operations Associate will be responsible for implementing and executing the operational processes, policies, and procedures required to solidify the firm’s position as a leader in values-based investing. This position requires deep knowledge of investment operations, trading and settlement processes, and the various systems and workflows associated with these functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute model trades and signals across multiple platforms while documenting and maintaining appropriate trade rotation/allocation policies
- Maintain all model updates and associated model versions in Morningstar Direct
- Develop and maintain documentation of all essential processes, policies, and procedures
- Lead fund operational functions including Fund Accounting/Admin, regulatory filings, reporting, etc.
- Maintain post-trade operations including confirmations, basket updates, and overseeing clearing of trades with custodians
- Publish data, reporting, and updates to relevant third-party sources/databases in a timely and consistent manner
- Produce regular and periodic reporting to support Management, Compliance, and Sales teams. May include performance reporting (GIPS), portfolio accounting, portfolio characteristics, etc.
- Develop and foster key operational relationships with custodians, brokers, LMMs, and platform partners
- Collaborate and consult with various team members on new product development initiatives
- Passion for and commitment to OneAscent’s mission and values-based investment approach
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in investment or asset management
- Experience with common systems related to trade order management, settlement, performance reporting, and portfolio accounting
- Familiarity and experience with various public markets and investment vehicles (Mutual Funds, Exchange Traded Funds, Collective Investment Trusts, separately managed accounts (“SMAs”), unified managed accounts (“UMAs”), and Models
- Demonstrated aptitude for being a self-starter and capable of taking a leadership role in business execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented with ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Economics preferred