Client Site in Sunnyvale, CA
Performs a variety of building audits to evaluate, maintain, and install freestanding and modular furniture within both Interior and Exterior workspaces. Ensures accurate and timely maintenance of products to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Performs general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including; painting, carpentry, powerwashing, sanding, refinishing, reupholstery, general repair, and other handyperson tasks at facility or campus.
- Assist with client’s requests in a fast-paced environment which may be outside of typical tasks such as furniture loading, relocation, removal, and/or installation while remaining professional and upholding good customer service.
- Install (assemble) furniture – both modular and freestanding, in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications and warranty.
- Expected to promptly respond and assign appropriate resources to handle non-technical tenant requests (e.g., Furniture repairs, cleaning , etc.).
- Identify and develop product lists, from blueprints, necessary to complete installations.
- Helps to ensure all building and maintenance policies, procedures, SOP’s, codes, regulations, etc. are followed and enforced including safety systems and standards.
- Provide fine-tuning of furniture upon completion of installation, ie; cleaning, wiping down, and leveling furnishings.
- Follow direction from Lead Installer and Supervisor for loading, transport, unloading, staging, stripping, assembly and movement of furniture.
- Oversee and train other non-technical, non-licensed staff including Maintenance Helpers in the completion of a variety of building/facility maintenance and repair tasks.
- Uphold a positive and respectful attitude while conducting work on the client site as employees are in meetings and requesting a quiet atmosphere that does not disrupt others.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical ability with knowledge of hand/power tools
- Proficient or familiar with Google Suite or similar software, and cell phone functions to correspond with team members, customers, or vendors. Email étiquette a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret furniture installation drawings and blueprints desired
- Ability to stay organized and follow instructions
- Expected to bring and maintain personal tool kits, as well as maintain specialized equipment provided by the company.
- Class C Driver's License Required. Bobtail Driving Experience a plus
- Must have reliable transportation in order to work at job sites throughout the Bay Area
Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, driving, lifting up to 100 pounds and carrying up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb up into and down from delivery trucks, and walk up and down ramps where required.
Works around dust and dirt, may be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around electrical equipment, fumes/odors and/or dirt/dust. Generally works around loud noises such as trucks, forklifts, and power hand tools.
Job Status – Non-Exempt