Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
No Job Description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guests or required by the hotel. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate department manager. The following is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position here at the Omni Parker House.
JOB TITLE: Houseperson
REPORTS TO: Floor Supervisor
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure that assigned Housekeeping areas are kept clean and fully stocked. Also services assigned public areas to meet the expectations of the Omni Standards
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Empties GRAs linens on an hourly basis or as needed.
- Empties GRAs garbage on an hourly basis or as needed.
- Keeps the backspaces and closets clean.
- Removes trays from the guest floors to backspaces as necessary.
- Keeps corridors and carpets on guest room floors clean.
- Assists room attendants in remove KOJO cover and brings it to the KOJO room. Returns it to the room and assists in putting it back on and in place when it is clean.
- Keeps areas by the vending machines clean.
- Moves furniture upon request.
- Completes guest requests using silver tray when applicable.
- Sweeps, mops and maintains backspace stairwells
- Deep cleans front of house and back of house areas as needed or instructed.
- Spots carpets
- Completes special projects as assigned by Supervisor/ADOH and DOH
- Ensures that shortages of supplies are reported to DOH
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Associate is aware of Omni Hotel’s policy and procedures.
- Associate has knowledge of chemicals used for cleaning purposed. Proper Protective Equipment required.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to work 2-way radio and wear earpiece for the duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
HOTEL SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Displays a positive, upbeat and professional demeanor with all guests and associates
- Completion of all assigned duties as directed by the ADOH/DOH
- Maintain property to Omni standards as outlined in Rooms Operation Manual
- Responds quickly and urgently to all guest requests
- Participates and embraces guest service skill requirements and the 6 pillars of Omni Culture: Power of One, Mirror Image, Trilogy, OST, OSC, Moments of Service