Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”), considered one of the world’s leading ammunition manufacturers, is seeking Manufacturing Technicians. These positions will be located at the Lake City Army Ammunitions Plant in Independence, MO. Technician starting pay rates range from $26.00/hour up to $27.70/hour. With a reputation steeped in tradition, we have earned the moniker, ‘The American Legend’ by delivering on our commitment to excellence in everything we do – including staffing our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with diverse, energetic employees. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity and join our quest for the best.
Winchester currently has openings for Cellular Manufacturing Technicians (cell tech) and Operations Technicians (op tech) in each of our dedicated caliber value streams: 7.62 cal, 50 cal, 5.56 cal.
- Operates and performs complex adjustments, diagnostic, preventative, and emergency electronic/mechanical maintenance on automated high-speed ammunition manufacturing equipment.
- Operates equipment with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and Human-Machine Interface (HMI) touch screen panel.
- Makes necessary adjustments to obtain specified operating conditions such as turning valves, switches, moving and setting controls, adjusting furnaces, and pumps.
- Troubleshoots camera measurement systems and calibrate as needed.
- Inspects products using a variety of gages, complete hardness testing, chemical checks and other quality checks as needed to assist the manufacturing process.
- Performs root cause analysis for production, quality, and safety issues.
- Prepares detailed records and reports such as inventory, receiving, operating, and lab analysis.
- Maintains detailed production reports such as scrap, non-conforming material, downtime, CostPoint, and dispatch.
- Utilizes hand trucks and fill hoppers.
- Operating heavy equipment such as hand trucks or forklifts.
- Functions as a productive team member. Job rotation within the cell and or department is required.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including lockout/tagout and wearing required PPE.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with advanced mechanical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be proficient with basic hand and power tools. Machine experience a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an understanding of control systems.
- Must successfully pass mechanical aptitude testing.
- Must be able to read and interpret detailed prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and layouts.
- Ability to use measuring devices, micrometers, calibrated steel tapes, calipers, and power and non-power hand tools.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, lift/carry/push a minimum of 100 pounds up to 500 pounds, reach overhead, twist and bend at waist, climb ladders and stairs.
- Must have full vision, including color vision.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Ability to work any shift, including overtime.
- This position requires access to ITAR controlled technical data, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate's ability to access ITAR controlled technical data pursuant to an export license approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls if required.
- This position requires successful vetting as an Employee Possessor in accordance with U.S. Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- This position requires successful vetting for unescorted access in accordance with U.S. Army and Department of Defense access policies.
What’s in it for you?
While many of our employees have worked at Olin for their entire career, we constantly strive to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals. Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
- Paid parental leave (up to 80 hours) and additional leave programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
- 401(k) with an employer match and retirement contribution account
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Ammunition Purchase Program
Winchester is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
“Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”