You haven't searched anything yet.
- Multitasking, This job require you to be able to do multiple things at once. (ex: Answering phones, Packing to go's, Taking food orders, while staying friendly and positive and giving amazing customer service).
- Greet customers and provide friendly and efficient service
- Take customer orders accurately and efficiently
- Operate cash register and handle cash transactions
- Maintain cleanliness of the counter area and dining room
- Basic math skills to handle cash transactions and provide correct change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of kitchen safety and sanitation practices
- Previous experience in a retail or food service setting is a plus
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
Part Time | Full Time
The job skills required for Counter Person include Customer Service, Communicates Effectively, Planning, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Counter Person. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Counter Person. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Counter Person positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Counter Person, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Retail Sales Staff that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Counter Person. You can explore the career advancement for a Counter Person below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Counter Person, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Counter Person for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Counter Person job description and responsibilities
A counter person assists customers at a business with a service counter.
03/24/2022: New Haven, CT
Counter people also count the money customers give them to ensure accuracy.
02/28/2022: Salisbury, NC
A counter person completes customer orders, processes payments, and ensures customer satisfaction.
03/18/2022: New Suffolk, NY
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Counter Person jobs
A job as a Counter person falls under the broader career category of Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop.
03/02/2022: Bloomington, IN
Counter person are the first employees that customers meet on entering the store or organization.
01/26/2022: Appleton, WI
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Counter Person.