You haven't searched anything yet.
If you want an exciting opportunity to join a great company with a fantastic culture, then this is the job for you!
Our Core values are Trust * Team * Excellence
We are a company where people are encouraged to dream and take chances.
We believe personal growth is just as important as the company's success.
Everyone is encouraged to contribute, and every contribution is respected.
Assist the Plant Controller with standard costing, variance analysis, and month end closing.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Maintenance of standard cost system including daily costing of new items as well as coordinating and completing the annual standards update
2. Variance analysis – Material Price, Work Order, Manufacturing Overhead
3. Assist in month end closing of the General Ledger
4. Assist in the annual physical inventory
5. Inventory Management – including but not limited to Inventory Balance Reconciliation, Excess & Obsolete calculation
6. Monitor cycle count program – offer guidance and suggestions for improvement
7. Assist in all audits as needed
8. Assist the Sales & Marketing group with Gross Margin analysis
9. Work with Supervisors & manufacturing personnel to develop accurate product costs using Lean Principles
10. Monthly Account Balance Reconciliations
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller
12. Position reports to the Controller – Products and will work closely with the Plant Manager & Department Heads
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and 4 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
2. Computer skills – strong Excel skills required, HarrisData or other MRP software as well as Hyperion experience a plus
3. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
4. Good communications skills both written and verbal
5. Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles a plus
The Oilgear Company is an at-will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
TRAVERSE CITY, MI
100 - 200
$50M - $200M
Oilgear is a designer and manufacturer of hydraulic fluid power control products like check valves, screw-in cartridges and transfer barriers.
The job skills required for Cost Accountant include Accounting, Analysis, General Ledger, Variance Analysis, Communication Skills, Futures, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Cost Accountant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Cost Accountant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Cost Accountant positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Cost Accountant, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Cost Accountant III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Cost Accountant. You can explore the career advancement for a Cost Accountant below and select your interested title to get hiring information.