Sr. Project Architect provides daily leadership and mentoring to project team on all aspects of the project, both design and technical as project moves through various phases. Develops designs and documents, from schematic through construction phase in accordance with JCJ and industry standards, usually in the role of Document Team Leader.
· Assumes some project management responsibilities for assigned projects inclusive of client and consultant meetings and communications.
· Coordinates a project from initial design through construction administration
· Develops project documentation requirements as a result of research, discussions with Project Manager, PIC, Lead Designer and client interviews.
· Develops solutions to client architectural requirements, needs and complexities.
· Collaborates with the design team to develop the overall project design to address the client’s needs inclusive of budget, schedule and vision. Provides technical knowledge and insight on possible material and design choices that may be beneficial in design or cost to overall project.
· Oversees the assembly of necessary technical documentation (drawings and specifications), in accordance with JCJ standards, for all project phases
· Oversees the compilation of the project product manual which records design decisions.
· As part of a project team, leads a team of technical staff to develop project technical documentation requirements and solutions for assigned projects.
· Interfaces with consultants to complete the coordination of the documentation phases of the project in a timely manner. Coordinates structural, electrical and mechanical drawings and specifications with architectural drawings and specs. Meets with engineers as necessary and articulates the integrations of the architecture and the engineering with the full A/E team, including specifications group.
· Prepares code analysis for assigned projects, reviews documents for compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws, ordinances, regulations, statutory and documentation requirements.
Performs construction administration tasks including shop drawing review, responses to RFIs, site visits, and document modifications, as required, on assigned projects
Document Team Leader Role:
Responsible for setting project documentation requirements
• Define and describe document set to Project Team leaders in an appropriate manner to facilitate development of milestone schedule for contract documents.
• Responsible to complete code analysis and verify compliance of documents
Responsible to meet documentation budget
• Develop work plan for document team and delegate work between assigned staff
• Monitor documentation efforts to meet allocated JCJ hours/budget in project plan.
Responsible for completing documentation within the project schedule
• Provide documentation milestones for incorporation into overall project schedule
Responsible to lead and direct documentation team
• Responsible to direct and monitor efforts of both JCJ document team members and consultant team members to achieve milestones and quality levels per project plan.
• Report weekly progress to Project Manager
• Identify submittals for review during CA,
• Responsible to approve elements that diverge from contract documents during CA
• Assist in document modifications required during CA
Responsible for quality of drawings and specs
• Responsible for consultant coordination in documentation
• Responsible to execute details consistent with design direction and intent
• Responsible for incorporating QA review comments
• Responsible to assemble record documents and input final project space allocations into Project Journal at project completion.
· Assists in Quality Control reviews. Understands how to use local and state building codes. Notifies team of possible conflicts.
· Supports new business development opportunities and participates in the proposal/interview process as needed. Assists in the development and presentation of materials, drawings, models in support of the process.
· Assume special projects and duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) or Master of Architecture (MArch) degree.
· 10 years’ experience in architecture with supervisory management experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
· Licensed Architect, Professional Registration required
· Advanced Computer and Information Management Skills (Revit)
Travel to work sites and other offices may be required.
Ability to work overtime.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to work on a job site. While performing the duties on a job site, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is often required to sit; may be required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The job skills required for Senior Project Architect include Revit, Coordination, Leadership, Presentation, Construction administration,and Project Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Senior Project Architect. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Senior Project Architect. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.