What You’ll Do
● Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
● Partner with business teams and communicate with product managers to automate business processes, build visualizations on key performance indicators, and provide real-time business insights to improve business performance
● Perform ad hoc analysis on data and provide recommendations on ways to refine existing data models and improve both management and governance of data in cooperation with backend teams
● Utilize database tools such as PostgreSQL with RDBMS, NoSQL databases, and Cloud-based data warehousing services such as RDS, Redshift, and Snowflake
● Write in programming languages like Python with high-quality unit tests. Conducting reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance Basic Qualifications
● Data Engineering Experience
○ Previous project experience with big data technologies
○ Knowledge of Agile engineering practices
○ PostgreSQL 11.3 or later
● Application Development Experience
○ UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
○ Strong programming fundamentals using Python 3
○ Working knowledge of Python libraries like pandas, NumPy, SQL alchemy, and dask
● AWS Cloud Experience
○ Experience with visualization tools like Tableau and Quick sight.
○ Data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake) Preferred Qualifications
○ AWS Associate Developer
○ AWS Specialty in Big Data
● Prior Projects
○ Hands-on experience with building end-to-end data pipelines for operational dashboards
○ Hands-on experience building interactive dashboards for operational reporting and decision making
If you are interested in becoming a Data Engineer, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Data Engineer for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Data Engineer job description and responsibilities
The data engineer develops and maintains the enterprise data framework for continued use.
03/12/2022: Dothan, AL
A data engineer prepares data for analytical or operational uses.
03/03/2022: Boulder, CO
Data engineers simplify complex data structure and prevent the reduplication of data.
03/28/2022: New Suffolk, NY
Data Engineers are the technical professionals who prepare data that can be used by data scientists for valuable decisions and strategies.
04/13/2022: Harrisburg, PA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Data Engineer jobs
Changing oil, running basic checks, topping off fluids and checking tire pressure are common job duties.
01/22/2022: Fort Wayne, IN
Oil changes are an essential component of preventative maintenance.
02/26/2022: Newark, NJ
A data engineer should be aligned with a data scientist’s needs while creating a data system.
04/10/2022: Fayetteville, NC
Start with an entry-level position.
02/10/2022: Winston Salem, NC
Consider pursuing additional professional engineering or big data certifications.
03/09/2022: Saginaw, MI
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Data Engineer.