Come join NRP’s A team! We’ve been recognized as a “Top Workplace” because we promote a culture where our team can build long-term careers and connections. As we grow as a company, our goal is that you will grow in your career.
NRP has been recognized with several industry awards including Top Workplaces; Best and Brightest Companies to Work For; and National Apartment Association’s Best Places to Work.
We value our employees by offering a competitive benefit package including:
- Commission and bonus opportunities
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- Paid maternity & parental bonding leave
- Short & long term disability
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training, certification, & growth opportunities
- Employee referral & recognition programs
For over 25 years, NRP has been dedicated to building quality homes for our residents, regardless of income. The NRP Group is a full-service multifamily developer, general contractor, and property manager with assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts.
Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP INVESTMENTS, LLC is currently seeking a LIHTC Community Manager at our Brand New, Lease Up Property, The James on Grand Avenue!
Under the direction of the Regional Property Manager, the Community Manager is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service in the daily management, coordinating all aspects of apartment community operations, maximizing cash flow while preserving assets, achieving budgeted NOI, ensuring 100% LIHTC compliance, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive working environment for property team members. The Community Manager duties vary depending on the size of the community and the number of staff to which responsibilities might be delegated.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Oversee all financial performance of the property and work towards achieving budgeted NOI
- Maximize cash flow at the property by maximizing revenue, minimizing delinquencies, ensuring timely rent collection, monitoring banking activities and daily deposits, and contacting residents to collect overdue rent
- Ensure all Yardi data is correct by monitoring input and report functions, accuracy and timely preparation of leasing activities, A/R cash receipts, A/P Invoices, statements of disposition, monthly closing procedures, and late fees
- Develop cost saving strategies in an effort to reduce budgeted expenses
- Create annual operating budget and business plan with Accounting team and Regional Property Manager
- Review financial statements in a timely fashion, working closely with the property accounting team members
- Prepare variance report on a monthly basis
- Analyze income, expenses, traffic, lease expirations, market rents, delinquency financial statements, and make recommendations as needed
- Recommend and oversee all capital improvements, deferred maintenance and upgrade programs
- Review and analyze all bid summaries for purchase of goods and services, monitor the vendors work, and guarantee accurate invoicing
- Ensure that all contracted services and materials are accounted for and that the work has been performed properly prior to the release of payment
- Process delinquent residents according to policy, collect late fees, and file on units at the appropriate deadline
- Serve as property representative in court proceedings under direction of legal counsel, understanding all property legal issues affecting residency, storage, abandonment, bankruptcy, fair housing and unlawful detainer/eviction actions
- Support the leasing team by leasing apartments, responding to telephone inquiries, qualifying applicants, show apartments, ensuring all move-in paperwork is accurately prepared
- Monitor direction of rental activity and all on-site sales, marketing outreach, and advertising plans
- Maintain on-going, in-depth knowledge of associated market, market rents and demographics to give a competitive edge
- Evaluate and make recommendations for rental pricing
- Monitor daily move-in/move-out property status reports and manage the monthly renewal process
- Verify weekly traffic sources, following up on prospect status and closing ratio numbers and implement programs and team development plans to improve results
- Ensure all residents are on the correct Blue Moon lease agreement that is up to date with all of the correct terms and conditions.
- Monitor compliance with Fair Housing regulations, Tax Compliance regulations, and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards
- Maintain passing e-shop, phone shop, and physical shop scores
- Complete a daily inspection of the property and market-ready units
- Monitor and direct service operations to ensure service requests are completed within 24 hours and curb appeal standards are met
- Supervise safety and risk management functions including coordinating monthly safety meetings
- Review resident retention programs, in an effort to continue to meet residents needs and improve retention
- Provide excellent customer service and display courteous and professional attitude toward all customers
- Maintain availability or coverage for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends
- Recruit and select team members by understanding and adhering to NRP’s selection process policies, procedures and core values
- Train, coach, and mentor team members, working with the training department as well as providing on-going feedback
- Create a team environment by holding weekly team meetings, establishing realistic goals, and fostering open communication
- Generate employee schedules in e-time and audit missed punches
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members
- Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments, promotions, and terminations
- Perform other duties as required
- May occasionally be required to assist at other properties
- Run errands to support the property as necessary
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree or CPM highly preferred; Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) or HCCP designation preferred
Experience: 5 years property management experience; one year supervisory experience; working knowledge of applicable Landlord Tenant Laws, Fair Housing Regulations, IRS Section 42 - LIHTC Program and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards
Technical Skills: Strong computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office Suite, experience in Yardi preferred
Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation