Support the daily processing of all checks, deposits and ACH Transactions. Take appropriate action to guarantee support of customer and employee inquiries and abnormalities. Maintain Customer Information File maintenance and assist with Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Telephone Banking. The role carries no supervisory duties.
Typical Schedule - Full Time, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flexibility is required to ensure adequate staffing.
- Process interest checks;
- Process all check & ACH returns;
- Work un-posted transactions (checking, saving & time deposits);
- Work ACH exceptions and returns received;
- Process RDI’s (returned deposited items);
- ACH balancing;
- Print & mail statements & notices;
- Process large dollar returns & notifications;
- Review various reports in Image Centre (Cold ); Suspect Duplicate, Stop Payments, Death Notices, On-call, Bill Pay, Originated ACH, Checking & Savings Exceptions & Status Change, TD un-posted & deposit renewal Statement Control & CI Relationship Verification;
- Work obituaries;
- Work 30 day overdrawn accounts;
- Process Canadian checks;
- Work checking, savings & time deposit closed accounts;
- Work returned mail;
- Process check adjustments;
- Process reclamations;
- PA decedent inheritance reporting;
- Completion of Asset Verifications
- Completion of Wires (incoming and outgoing)
- Scan and index all new documents;
- Customer service & problem resolution;
- Pick-up & deliver work from/to Main Office;
- Assist with telephone banking, internet banking, mobile banking & debit cards;
- Process mail & deliver to post office;
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job;
- Participate in and/or complete all necessary bank training;
- Required to maintain the strictness of confidentiality in all matters;
- Comply with all company policies and procedures;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- General accounting and bookkeeping training;
- Record keeping practices and training;
- Excellent time management, judgment, decision-making and critical thinking skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills with an enhanced social perceptiveness and a service-oriented disposition;
- Knowledge of computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information and issues relating to the bank’s customers, policies, and personnel; Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs assessment, and meeting quality standards for services;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Vision Archive and Image Centre (Cold ), FDM (document Imaging), word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Two years of job experience.
Benefits - For full time positions we offer a full benefit package including health and life insurance, PTO, 401k Plan, ESOP, and FSA Plan. Pay would be commensurate with background and prior work experience.
Equal Opportunity - The Northumberland National Bank is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment. Our selection decisions are based on job-related factors and not on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.