North Central Garage Door Co. is an industry leading manufacturer of overhead garage doors. We are looking for a Controller to join our accounting team, in the beautiful Northwoods of Minnesota. We have an excellent reputation with our customers and vendors and are focused on building strong long-lasting relationships.
- Lead month-end and quarter-end processes including the closing up of the financial statements and reconciliations.
- Contribute to the forecasts and ensure proper assumptions for each scenario including risks and opportunities.
- Procure value added profitability analysis of the business unit and support action plan and recommendations to meet the annual budget.
- Participate in the annual budget process.
- Evaluate compliance with internal control best practices and make sure the company is maintaining an environment that meets ongoing requirements.
- Support the annual audit and tax work in cooperation with the outside accountants to complete the process timely.
- Establish and interpret the relationships between financial results and operational performance in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the analysis of operational and financial performance indicators in order to contribute to the unit's decision-making process.
- Contribute, as a financial expert, to the business development of the unit and ensure its coordination in accordance with the strategic plan of the business unit.
- Support the management of the unit in the application and monitoring of business processes.
- Ensures the reliability, completeness and compliance of the financial information produced.
- Implement the best financial and accounting management practices and share best practices throughout the organization.
- Analyze KPI’s, release accurate information, identify opportunities of improvement and contribute with decision making.
- Support ad hoc projects for management’s review.
- Support business partners in the application and follow up of business processes.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information and ensure conformity with Company standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, specialized in accounting preferred.
- CPA designation is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years experience in supervision role.
- Ability to make decisions, have a sense of team spirit, be action and results oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
Be dynamic, resourceful, use good judgment and have a sense of initiative and innovation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
To keep our staff as safe as possible, we provide measures for social distancing, provide masks, as well as, hand sanitizer & sanitizing soap.
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location