Primary Care Clinic in Norman needs an outstanding patient friendly Medical Assistant for the office. Norman Regional Primary Care is built for healing with a focus on high quality, comprehensive preventative care. We are looking for outstanding patient friendly people to come be a part of our diverse, patient-centered, and community-focused team. We are a high-paced, high-volume department with engaged leadership offering opportunities for advancement, comprehensive coordinated care, and additional educational opportunities. NRHS is in the process of a transformational expansion project that will prioritize outpatient care with a continued focus on population health across the region. We hope you will consider joining our team of healers!
Norman Regional Health System is a team of more than 3,000 healers all working together to bring our mission and vision to life. Our mission is to serve our community as the leader in health and wellness care. Our vision is to be the provider of choice to improve the health and well-being of our regional communities.
- Provides care to patients of all ages and assistance to physicians and advanced practitioners in the NRHS physician office networks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer knowledge required.
- Prefer additional education in medical terminology, electronic medical record training, or business classes.
- Prefer at least one year experience in a clinical or physician-office setting, emergency room and/or a hospital setting that provides patient care.
- Experience in office clerical activities desirable.
- One-year clerical experience and healthcare experience are required.
- Prefer medical office, insurance, hospital or computer experience. Accurate keyboard skills. Expertise in customer relations, telephone skills and computer applications.
(Above requirements can be met by equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training or re-training is required during orientation prior to providing patient care.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained for duration of employment.
- CMA or RMA preferred.
- $12.22-$19.50/hr depending on previous work experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, scholarship opportunities, retirement plans, free parking, and opportunities for advancement.