Nonin Overview: You can count on Nonin. Our vision is to improve people’s lives by creating noninvasive medical devices people can count on, even in challenging conditions. Nonin’s culture is grounded in our mission and vision, and our values are reflected in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than words to us, they are our DNA. We aspire to advance our medical technology for the global diverse patients, customers and communities we serve. We embrace the unique backgrounds, perspectives and mindsets of our employees, and seek to enhance these qualities through our hiring and talent management strategies. Our employees are empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work and collaborate to build a more rewarding environment for all to work and thrive. With a career at Nonin, you can expect to work in an environment where diversity is celebrated and curiosity is rewarded. By joining Nonin, you will improve lives around the world, including your own.
Job Overview: Responsible for designing and implementing product enhancements and developing subsystems or engineering components of major projects. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring appreciable initiative, originality, and ingenuity. Coordinates design activities, reviews and reports design’s progress, and evaluates results.
What you will do:
- Responsible for design/development activities which may include leading, participating, or supporting:
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages
- Risk assessment
- Pilot Production
- Design reviews
- Manual creation
- Verification & Validation
- Actively participate on, and at times leads, cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
- Participate in technology specific phases of design; investigate interchangeability, replacement, cost factors, and ease of manufacture.
- Responsible for design and development of mechanical/electromechanical systems or electrical hardware or embedded/pc-based software. Typical documentation generated: Test reports, CO’s, Design documents, EDS, IDS, Test Plans and Reports, statistical analysis. Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Coordinate with project team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and design descriptions for assigned designs applicable standards and procedures. Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Research design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility or application.
- Responsible for design and development of mechanical/electromechanical systems or electrical hardware or embedded/pc-based software.
- Work with other departments within the company to optimize production, diagnostics, and repair activities.
- Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications.
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process in order to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-5 years of relevant engineering experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Familiarity with essential requirements of the Medical Devices Directive (MDD).
- Software: Experience with assembly-level and C code development, real time signal processing, and I/O control.
- Mechanical: Experience with Pro-E and AutoCAD.
- Strong background in development of microprocessor controlled hardware.
- Software development experience in an embedded environment for medical devices.
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management.
- Sit, and/or stand for 8 hours per day
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, including flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Profit sharing
- Disability insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Bereavement leave
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Nonin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.