Position Title: Helpdesk Supervisor
Department: Information Technology
Summary: The Helpdesk Supervisor will develop and maintain technology standards based on industry best practices, manage a deskside technology roadmap, and architect new solutions based on business objectives. The candidate will be a self-starter, understand the demands of a busy Helpdesk, be a strong communicator, and deliver a world class customer experience.
This position will report to the Sr. IT Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop, and manage the performance of Helpdesk staff
- Serve as the technical escalation point for all Helpdesk issues including VIP support, and coordinate escalations to other technology departments
- Establish and maintain relationships with executives and end users to build trust and rapport
- Conduct team meetings to ensure tasks and deadlines are prioritized and assigned
- Monitor the ticketing system, ensuring SLA’s are being met, urgent requests are assigned, identify recurring/companywide issues, produce daily and ad-hoc reports and communicate the pulse of the Helpdesk to Senior Management at the end of each day
- Make recommendations for improvements and manage processes, policies, and procedures within the helpdesk
- Draft firm communications regarding maintenance, outages, and upgrades
- Build and maintain an Asset Management program
- Maintain daily and on-call schedules
- Travel to NKSFB locations will be required
IT Security & Disaster Recovery Responsibilities:
- Provide Helpdesk oversight to security incidents within the Helpdesk following established standard operating procedures and incident response plans
- Responsible for staff training on security tools, processes, and procedures
- Manage accounts and security groups within the following applications: Office 365, Active Directory, and MDM platforms
- Participate in planning around disaster recovery procedures and annual testing
Project Related Responsibilities:
- Work with IT Project Managers in assigning and delegating project related assignments
- Adjust Helpdesk resource workloads to meet project due dates
- Communicate with Project Managers on the status of deliverables
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand the process of Windows desktop image creation and maintenance
- Familiarity of Tax or Accounting applications such as Datafaction, QuickBooks, Lacerte, Prosystem, etc.
- Professional Services experience is a plus
- Ticketing systems: Samanage (our current system), ServiceNow, Jira, Track-It, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and good judgement
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
A bachelor’s degree in IT or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. A minimum of 5 years of Helpdesk experience, and at least 1 year of experience in a senior helpdesk role.
Certifications (Preferred but not required):
- ITIL V4
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of the specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the Employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer