Nissha Medical Technologies is a medical device manufacturer looking for motivated candidates to work in an extremely clean, safe, and climate controlled facility!
PURPOSE/SUMMARY (Brief overview of why job exists, general purpose for position)
Assure that machines are set up properly and in a timely manner and that operators are trained and capable of running machines to manufacture good quality parts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List of 8 # 10 key tasks required of the job which are essential to the performance of this job)
• Set up, operate, edit CNC programs and adjust all machines to include:
Manual Machine Tools (Grinders, Drill presses. Mills, lathes etc.)
CNC Milling Centers
• Be knowledgeable in all machines and machining aspects of the department, to include:
Machine Shop first piece inspection and quality requirements
Machine Shop work orders and initiation of set up for same
All measuring devices used to ensure part quality per print specifications
• Follow instructions, written or oral
• Work collaboratively with employees across various departments.
• Ensure required materials are available for department in order to perform required work.
• Ensure work orders, prints, tools and material are returned to authorized personnel or departments.
• Communicate effectively with supervisors, managers or various departments.
• Follow all machining and company policies, as well as safety and PPE regulations.
• Perform limited maintenance and clean up on machines.
• Work overtime as required.
• Direct work activities of personnel assigned to operate machines as directed by supervisor or manager, ensuring required training of operators.
• Assist Engineers with process and product development.
• Perform other duties as assigned such as machine/fixture set up in machining.
All Other Essential Duties as directed.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY) – Optional section (List of subordinate jobs for which this job has direct hire/discipline/budget responsibility)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required to pass competency testing for each individual competency listed below.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Two year certificate from college or technical school or 5 years related experience and/or training
• OR equivalent combination of both education and experience
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to proficiently operate manual machine tools, specialty machines, wire EDM, CNC milling centers, and lathes.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as CNC Programs, blue prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Must have well developed problem solving skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (verbal, written, listening), SOFTWARE SKILLS, ANALYTICAL SKILLS, MATHEMATICAL SKILLS, PRESENTATION SKILLS, TEAM PLAYER, ETC.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to compute rate, ration and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to figure surface feet per minute and proper feed rates using manufacturer’s catalogs, data sheets, machinist calculator or other means.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (e.g., expectations of such items as weight needed to move or lift)
Lift/Carry 25 lbs
Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hrs a day
Push/Pull 50 lbs
Microscope/Fine close work 8 hrs a day
Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day
Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
WORK ENVIRONMENT (e.g., excessive or non-standard expectations/exposure related to such things as heat, cold, noise or travel)
Nissha Medical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression,national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. In addition, NMT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please call 419-660-4122
The job skills required for Machinist II include CNC, Responsibility, Problem Solving, Communicates Effectively etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Machinist II. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Machinist II. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.