HIRING BONUS $1000
Benefits of Working at Nisqually Red Wind Casino:
- FREE Medical/Dental/Vision (Spouse and dependent coverage is also available at low rates and reasonable deductibles)
- FREE Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance
- FREE Meals
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Club Membership Reimbursement
- Team Member Assistance Program (The Team Member Assistance Program (EAP) provides our team members and their eligible dependents with confidential access to short-term, professional counseling and legal services at no additional cost.)
And then there’s the other perks:
- Free parking
- Free uniform dry cleaning
- Free badge renewal
- Gift Shop and dining discounts
- Yearly service awards
- Team member and leader awards
- Perfect attendance awards
- Periodic giveaways and contests
- Company picnics (summer & winter)
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Create culinary delights for our guests and owners. Guest satisfaction in our restaurants revolves around the food appearance, high quality of food and overall dining experience.
Our Mission: To enhance continued economic viability and quality of life for the Nisqually Indian Tribe, our Team Members, and the neighboring communities
Our Vision: Creating incredible experiences.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Teamwork
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all food preparation including safe and proper handling of product, following company recipes and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Provide a pleasant dining experience for our guests by assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served during assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Prepare food items as required for production including, but not limited to soups, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, breakfast items and desserts according to established recipe standards set for by the Restaurant Manager and Sous Chefs.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including but not limited to tables, shelves, counters, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Employ proper cooking methods, cook to specifications and handle, store and rotate food properly in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Monitor food temperatures according to health and safety standards.
- Make recommendations to improve menu offerings, service and procedures.
- Assist prep cooks as directed.
- Assist, as directed, to prepare food for banquet functions.
- Assist the Sous Chefs in the training of all new kitchen staff as directed.
- Assist Line Cook II and Deli Lead Cooks under the direction of Sous Chefs and Restaurant Manager.
- Ensure food quality and proper food portioning at all times.
- Ensure work areas are in compliance with OSHA and HACCP health and safety standards and regulations.
- Immediately report all hazardous conditions.
- Assist the Sous Chef in developing food lists and make notification if product is low or overstocked.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required skills and knowledge:
- 1 year experience in a fast-paced kitchen.
- Food handlers permit.
- Must have basic knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Must have the ability to meet or exceed our company’s core values.
- Able to work under time constraints to produce food according to established standards.
- Current knowledge of occupational safety issues.
- Ability to work productively.
- Ability to work unsupervised for a period of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions and follow food preparation sheets.
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to serve our guests.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Pass NRWC pre-employment testing.
- Ability to work peak business hours.
- Ability to obtain a Class II Gaming License.
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- 2 years’ experience as a line cook or a cook in a buffet style high-volume food service operation.
- Ability to maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Serve Safe Certified.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and move from area to area.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Required to be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to tolerate a smoke-filled environment.
NATIVE AMERICAN HIRING PREFERENCE