SUMMARY: The AV installation Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and service of professional audio, video, control systems professional lighting, and electronic equipment, as related to Systems Integration Industry. The Associate is responsible for completing projects in the most efficient and effective manner. All work must meet the highest quality standards set forth by the Company, while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
• Responsible for reading and understanding Systems Integration installation process.
• Must understand wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Custom fabrication and termination of cabling rack prep, multi-pins and electronic equipment racks as related to integration of professional, audio, video, lighting and computer-controlled systems.
• Responsible for knowledge and operation of the following test equipment: volt/ohm meter.
• Work with spectrum-analyzer, multi-meter, and impedance meter, general hand tools and an assortment of wall fasteners.
• Assist with preventive maintenance of external and internal customer equipment.
• Must respond to all customer service-related issues promptly.
• Responsible for accurate service installation tickets, and inventory items.
• Achieve working knowledge of Company software and work within software system on a day-to-day basis.
• Work in a safe, positive manner showing respect to others and contributing to the team.
• Fully comply with Company and customer safety programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well organized.
• Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
• Proficiency in the use of pc or Apple computers including programs such as MS Office.
• Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
• Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
• Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
• Associate is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
• Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
• Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
• Valid and current driver’s license.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job the Associate must have the ability to stand on a concrete floor for long periods and lift and/or move equipment at least 60-pounds on a repetitive basis. The candidate must be able to lift equipment and construction supplies from floor height to over-head while loading/unloading trucks or preparing equipment for installations, service calls, and events. Candidate must have the ability to climb and work (stack, adjust, and repair) at heights in excess of 25' before/during installations and job sites.
· 3-5 years’ experience in AV, security, or electrical installation experience.
· Preferred but not required – CTS certification
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English
WORK ENVIRONMENT: work is conducted in shop, on construction sites, in finished spaces, and outdoors as required.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: typical work hours are 7:00am to 3:30pm however, other shifts including weekends and overtime are often required to meet deadlines and accommodate client needs.
The job skills required for Installation Technician include Installation, Customer Service, Self motivated, Preventive Maintenance, Schematic,and Planning etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Installation Technician. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Installation Technician. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Installation Technician, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Installation Technician for your reference.