New England Air Systems is looking to hire a full-time entry level Plumbing Apprentice. Our plumbing apprentice will assist our license Plumber while improving and learning to increase their skills. The Apprentice Plumber will assemble, configure, install, fit, and maintain various piping systems, and ensure smooth operation of those systems.
A successful apprentice plumber will be well-organized and detail oriented. You should have good customer service skills, be able and willing to follow instructions, and be prepared to travel to designated job sites in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Plans, prepares, installs, and maintains piping and plumbing systems composed of various materials; systems may include pipes, pressure and vacuum gauges, pipeline filters, steam traps, and strainer valves.
- Cuts, bends, threads, solders, and fits pipes.
- Gathers equipment and materials for the job.
- Attaches pipes and piping systems to walls using brackets, bracket systems, or clamps, cuts, or bores holes prior to project.
- Inspects pipes, testing for pressure and leaks; reports and/or resolves problems.
- Complies with applicable safety regulations, and best practices.
- Follows the Plumbers' orders and instructions.
- Maintains records, including apprenticeship logbooks.
- Repairs or replaces pipes and parts.
- Determines the right tools and equipment necessary to successfully complete a job.
- Helps the Plumber to ensure that all work is in accordance with federal, state, and local plumbing codes.
- Cleans the job site after the work is completed.
- You have the ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- You can use a variety of tools, which may include blowtorches, saws, pipe benders, and welding torches.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have great communications skills.
- You have the ability to work under time constraints.
- You are a team player who works well with others.
- You have the willingness to learn on the job, go through training and earn a qualification as a Plumber.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- We will work with a high school senior who is looking to fulfill their co-op experience with their tech school.
- We can also transfer a person who has started an apprenticeship at a different company.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to pass required background checks at certain facilities that we work in.
- Prolonged periods standing and stretching to install and repair pipes and pipe fittings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- CTO (Combine Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your family
- Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement with company match
- Continuous training for your professional development
About our apprenticeship program:
Our apprenticeship program takes 4 years to complete with a combination of 8,000 hours of on-the-job training and classes that will teach you about the basics of the plumbing trade. Upon completion of these requirements, you will be allowed to take your journeyman exam for plumbers.