More than a job, this is a position with a higher purpose - where you impact people's lives on a personal, human level. As a Navian Hawaii Hospice Aide (CNA), you will guide patients and their family on their journey, delivering comfort and support with a caring heart, replacing fear with hope, helping them find the beauty and joy in every moment, and providing each person with the kindness and dignity they deserve.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene, i.e., bathing, mouth care, skin care, hair care and shaving.
- Assists patients with other ADL's, i.e., toileting, dressing, feeding.
- Assists with ambulation and transfer activities.
- Assists with ROM exercises as ordered.
- Positions for comfort.
- Assists with use of equipment and devices.
- Assists with nutritional and dietary needs as requested by the Nurse Case Manager.
- Assists in providing a safe and sanitary environment for the patient, i.e., changes bed linen when necessary, tidies room as needed, adjusting lighting and placement of objects in the room for safety and comfort.
- Reports to the Nurse Case Manager any significant changes in the patient's condition or coping of the caregivers.
- Documents all care in accordance with agency protocol.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team conferences.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team on an ongoing basis to help assure quality and continuity of care.
- Performs travel (on island) as required for patient/family care.
- Complies with all established agency policies and procedures.
- Actively supports the mission of Navian Hawai'i and exhibits hospice philosophy in all job related roles.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to be flexible and organized in planning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, family members, the public, and representatives of other agencies and organizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Current CNA Certification
- One year of direct patient care experience.
- Reliable transportation to travel to each patient
All offers of employment at Navian Hawaii are contingent on a candidate's successful completion of certain requirements which include:
- A legally compliant background check
- Drug Screen & Physical Exam
- COVID Vaccination
- TB Clearance
- CPR Certificate
- Providing copies of valid Vehicle information such as auto insurance, inspection and registration
Why Navian Hawaii?
- Consistent schedule M-F or Per Diem shifts
- Team-oriented, locally run nonprofit where every voice is heard
- Competitive pay with an excellent benefits package
- Flexible organization that supports positive work/life balance