ABOUT THE ROLE
The Assistant Project Mgr II communicates with staff and clients, makes decisions and monitors the progress of the project to keep it on schedule. The APM II ensures that projects are properly priced and meet all safety, quality and legal requirements and negotiates solutions for problems encountered during the project. The APM II has the sole responsibility for the completion of the projects assigned, is not subject to other on-site supervision by a project manager, and typically reports directly to an Operations Mgr or a District Mgr.
MYRE serves customers participating in a nationwide engineer-procure-construct (EPC) delivery. MYRE works on a wide range of projects and EPC contracting services, including large transmissions and substation projects, complete solar facilities, and energy storage.
- Manage completion of construction projects by organizing and controlling project elements
- Ensure the completion of projects meets all safety, quality and legal requirements and negotiate solutions for problems
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned projects
- Act as the main point of contact for project personnel
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors
- Coordinate meetings, schedule updates, submit deliverables, and address outstanding open items as required by clients
- Prepare look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports and billing information
- Review and monitor job costs versus budgets
- Control project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts
- Maintain project database; enter and back up data
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; recommend actions
- Report regularly to management team
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customers, subcontractors, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
- Prepare and submit change orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company-designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards
- 3 years of project experience working in the construction industry is required
- Experience with large-scale construction sites preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
WHAT WE OFFER
- Proven leadership skills
- Design and documentation skills
- Advanced understanding of project management
- Cost and risk management skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, familiarity with scheduling software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Proven ability to make important decisions under pressure
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Commensurate with experience, paid weekly. Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. MYR Group reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Medical, Basic Vision, Regenexx, Teledoc, Hearing, Mental Health (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) - $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- Dental – 100% employer-paid premium.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employees and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.