With the rapid growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a full time, Heavy Equipment Operator/Foreman to run a small crew and operate heavy equipment. This position requires grading, excavating, loading, hauling, trenching, driving metal posts, and moving dirt to facilitate the completion of various earthwork projects.
Disclaimer: The following description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
- Operate heavy equipment including excavators, mini excavators and bobcats and run a 3-4 man crew on a daily basis
- Install erosion control measures such as silt fence and super silt fence
- Excavate for and build bioretention facilities, rain gardens, ponds, sediment basins and other stormwater management facilities/BMP’s
- Muck out and re-grade ponds
- Shoot grades for stakeout and read/interpret cut sheets
- Fine grade
- Install underdrain on roadway projects
- Complete other grading and excavation needs per the request of our clients
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant heavy equipment operating experience
- At a minimum, ability to efficiently operate mini excavators and/or bobcats (experience operating full sized excavators, loaders and dozers is a huge plus)
- Must be able to communicate directly with client and manage crew members
- Must have reliable transportation to the yard in Manassas, VA
- Current and valid Driver’s License
Employee must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Regularly required to sit and stand, must be able to use hands to fingers, handle or feel and verbally communicate and listen.
Other physical requirements include walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Specific vision abilities required by the position include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive salary rate plus Bonuses
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- Phone and company vehicle for business travel