MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant.
Assist assigned departments in their functions by providing administrative support.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provide support to assigned area, serving as first point of contact for incoming/overflow calls, messages, and visitors;
- Perform administrative and technical duties to include resource scheduling, travel planning and expense reporting;
- Manage incoming and outgoing documents and other communications, including telephone, e-mail, mail, and fax, delivering a positive and responsive approach to inquiries with unwavering compliance with confidentiality expectations; use judgment to determine which require priority attention;
- Perform general administrative tasks such as faxing, copying, filing, organizing, mailing, document development;
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations, and correspondence, performing copy and binding work, and using multiple software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Coordinate meeting needs and maintain meeting rooms to include food/drink replenishment;
- Monitor and stock supplies, kitchens, and other areas as needed;
- Establish and maintain files relevant to the department;
- Undertake special assignments as designated by management;
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED (general education degree) and three years related experience; or, equivalent combination of education and work experience providing the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in using MS Office products, to include Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering highly sensitive data, and to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work overtime as needed, to include holidays and weekends.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English proficiently to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.