- Work from anywhere in the US! Home, WeWork, your mom’s house, you choose! Our team is 100% remote-first, with hubs in LA and NYC.
- All employees can have an All-Access WeWork Pass to collaborate with teammates in your area or to simply change up your working environment.
- Strong & tight-knit culture important to you? Us too! We’ve always been remote-first, and we’ve built a thriving culture. From zoom coffees to in-person hangouts, we thrive as a connected team. Most positions require some travel or time on site because of the needs of the role. For example: team meetings, client meetings, on-site production. Talk to your recruiter for more info!
We’re looking for your leadership
As we continue to scale at record-setting pace, we’re looking for a wise and joyful leader to develop and drive financial systems and results across our agency. We tripled our revenue in 2021, and will double it again this year. You get to guide and drive that growth!
As our first-ever VP of Finance, you have a tremendous opportunity to level-up our agency, from client finance to accounting. We’re looking for a leader who has been in the trenches at small agencies (50-150 people), and is excited to help us take our financial savvy to a whole new level. As the only member of the new finance function, you will be both leading the work and doing the work. You’ll partner closely with our CEO, new VP operations, and leaders across the company. You’ll also direct our external accounting firm.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
OVERALL FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP
- Manage the finance function of the agency, including the overall agency P&L and balance sheet.
- Help define measurable financial goals, and champion them across the cross-functional team. Manage progress toward goals by developing key dashboards.
- Determine financial priorities and opportunities, alongside the co-founders and executive team.
- Improve project profitability through strategic pricing and negotiation.
- Manage MSAs and SOWs and lead negotiations with client procurement teams. Ninja skills with procurement are highly valued.
- Partner with production, project management, and client service teams to ensure profitable delivery of work.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ACCOUNTING
- Develop and manage the forward-looking financial planning process.
- Partner with Client Service to improve forecasting process and new business timing. Partner with HR to plan hiring rate. Manage agency cash flow.
- Oversee the accounting process including our external accounting firm, and the ways they work with our internal team.
- Continuously improve agency profitability by managing expenses and identifying efficiencies.
- Improve financial controls.
- 10 years of agency finance and accounting experience.
- Positive, nurturing, collaborative and decisive leader, aligned with our mission to spread joy.
- Past experiences negotiating client pricing, contracts, and terms for a creative agency in the 50-150 person range.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence at multiple levels within an organization.
- Interest in both leading the work and doing the work, as you will be the first and only member of the finance department.
- Spreads joy! ✨