You haven't searched anything yet.
Osteria Morini, with locations in NYC, D.C., New Jersey, and Long Island, brings the soulful cuisine and convivial spirit of Emilia-Romagna in northern Italy to local vibrant neighborhoods. The menus at Osteria Morini center around the Northern Italian ingredients that have become hallmarks of Italian cuisine - balsamic, Parmigiano Reggiano, mortadella, and prosciutto, to name a few. Signature fresh pastas are made in house daily and featured alongside simply prepared grilled meats, seafood and salads.
Osteria Morini operates as part of Altamarea Group, an award-winning global hospitality firm with 15 restaurants worldwide. Altamarea Group, through its talented team of employees, creates special memories through exceptional hospitality, delivering the highest level of food and service across distinct brands and concepts.
We are seeking Sous Chef with prior relevant experience and a genuine desire to be part of a talented team and highly acclaimed restaurant. Osteria Morini offers employees the opportunity to work with quality Italian cuisine, a respectful, safe, professional work environment, and a management team uniquely invested in the growth and success of all team members.
Sous Chef Responsibilities include:
- Serve as key member of a talented and diverse culinary team and restaurant, preparing and executing the menu at direction of Chefs with utmost quality and precision
- Learn and handle the various stations (garde manger, pasta, grill, saute, pastry), which includes preparing and cleaning stations properly, stocking stations adequately for service, and communicating actively with Chefs and colleagues to facilitate smooth and efficient kitchen
- Work in a high volume and intensity kitchen and work environment and be able to handle rigors of busy services while maintaining quality and consistency. Must support other areas of the kitchen as needed, and be able and willing to assist teammates in the kitchen as needed, including handling duties of other stations
- Train and delegate per Altamarea Group standards, and uphold all HR policies; accountable for all staff performance, behavior, and retention
- Maintain clean restaurant and adhere strictly to all health and safety standards
Sous Chef Requirements include:
- At least 2 year of relevant restaurant experience
- Considerable working knowledge of relevant food preparation
- Genuine passion for cooking, restaurant hospitality and learning new skills
- Highly organized, productive, and able to work meticulously in a high-intensity kitchen / work environment
- Energetic and friendly personality, with strong willingness and ability to work as part of a cohesive team and to support colleagues regardless of role
- Willingness to take direction from Chefs, embrace change and innovation, and to learn and adapt to new systems, service steps and health and cleaning procedures
- Broad and flexible availability to work – AM/PM service and prep/production
- Physical requirements include: ability to handle and carry trays, smallware, equipment, or other items up to 50 lbs, and to stand, walk up and down stairs, and exert well-paced mobility for extended period of time
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, and vision benefits after 30 days of employment for full time employees. If you are interested in joining the Osteria Morini team, please submit your resume. Attachments that cannot be opened will not be considered.
Altamarea Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The job skills required for Sous Chef include Food Preparation, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Sous Chef. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Sous Chef. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Sous Chef positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Sous Chef, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Kitchen Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Sous Chef. You can explore the career advancement for a Sous Chef below and select your interested title to get hiring information.