Modern Grounds is Hiring a Construction Manager Artificial Turf & Hardscape Installation Near Tampa, FL
Modern Grounds is looking for a Construction Manager / Superintendent to join our growing team. This person will help manage crews, projects (residential & commercial), clients and the installation process throughout the Central Florida area, mainly Tampa Bay area but might be some travel in Florida. The ideal candidate will have experience leading field crews, enjoys teaching by example and responsible for the overall quality and completion of each install. Work ethic, leadership, reliability, and attention to detail are key for this candidate to be successful. Must be pro-active, accountable, honest and have a great work ethic to fit in to our organization.
Our Construction Manager / Superintendent will work alongside the team/crew members, and report directly to the Operations Manager. You will oversee day-to-day site operations to ensure each job is completed safely, efficiently, and to Modern Grounds and client quality standards. You will help develop and train team/crew members to guarantee our clients’ needs and expectations are consistently met or exceeded. You must be familiar with the daily duties of turf installation; i.e., base prep / excavation process, measure and fit synthetic grass/turf, properly seam synthetic grass/turf, utilize synthetic grass/turf tools and operate equipment. You must also be willing to work long/flexible hours (sometimes Saturday) to meet deadlines.
This Construction Manager / Superintendent also needs the be an “expert” with artificial grass / synthetic turf installation and an on the job problem solver. Installations include, but are not limited to; residential landscape, playgrounds, pet facilities, commercial & residential buildings and putting greens. You will also be responsible for ensuring clients are fully satisfied with completed projects and be willing to work with clients to solve any issues that may arise during installation. You will be the leader in the field with lots of future growth potential.
Requirements / Skills:
· 3 plus years of artificial grass / synthetic turf / hardscape installation experience
· 2 plus years of management experience (2 plus subordinates)
· Ability to follow plans according to jobsite plans and/or layout
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Ability to drive truck with trailer attached
· Ability and knowledge of equipment (skid steer, sod cutter, tiller, compactor, power brush, etc.)
· Must be physically able to lift & carry 50 pounds and comfortable bending and kneeling for long periods of time
· MUST be willing and accustomed to working outside in Florida
· Great communication skills, attention to detail and a great positive attitude
· Pay: Salary is negotiable depending on experience plus bonus potential to make another $10,000 to $15,000