Job Title: IT User Support Specialist
Reports to: IT Director or CTO
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for talented people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- 8 weeks of paid time off for parents to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional Development through our internal learning & development program - Antler Academy
- Employee Resource Groups
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Qualified Parking and Phone Allowance
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for an IT Support Specialist to deploy user technology, remedy user technology issues, and train users on technology. This is to drive important metrics around user adoption and user uptime for very high levels of user efficiency.
- Windows, Apple Laptop/Desktop, peripherals, printers and smartphone (user endpoints) order and budget management.
- Commission new user endpoints based on user profile, role and needs.
- Use standard methodologies to maintain and solve user endpoints as needed.
- Build and maintain accurate inventory of all user endpoints across the enterprise.
- Reimage existing hardware and software as needed.
- Decommission obsolete or malfunctioning hardware endpoint device as needed.
- Meet with end users to identify types of hardware and software required.
- Handle user problems of major issues to internal domain experts and/or third-party support personnel.
- Maintain technical proficiency on all Bucks user endpoint computing platforms: phones, desktops and laptops, Windows 10, MacOS, iOS, Android, Microsoft O365, and general and department specific software applications.
- Become well-trained on existing and new applications including Microsoft SharePoint, O365, Power BI and Power Apps.
- Voice support for and train users on software portfolio via formal and ad hoc means to ensure high levels of user adoption and user efficiency.
- Configure, lead and use Solar Winds help desk ticketing software to log and handle tickets and assign tickets to appropriate SMEs. Communicate issue resolution with impacted user(s).
- Handle and update documentation of standard procedures.
- Actively participate in department and project meeting such as change control, project implementation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years previous experience in an Information Technology support position desired.
- Experience supporting Windows and MacOS user endpoints.
- Excellent general digital literacy in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to work well with people in a support and training role.
- Understanding of modern endpoint hardware design, computer networking, SaaS and client-server concepts.
- Ability to explain basic concepts or procedures in a clear, concise, easy-to-understand manner for a large and diverse user base who use a wide variety of customized off-the-shelf applications.
- Positive self-starter with a good work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and good attention to detail.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results.
- Minimum physical requirements: able to gain access to small areas for equipment setup and tear-down; able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds.
- Display professional image and demeanor.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider people with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.