The Property Manager reports to the Regional Property Manager, Property Operations and is responsible for operational activities associated with the Company’s objectives of creating enduring investments and remarkable places that enrich people’s lives.
General Areas of Responsibility
- Continuously strive to provide the highest level of quality and service to our owners and clients.
- Successfully execute the property management policy and procedures related to the development and ownership of real estate, including mixed-use, office, retail and industrial properties.
- Make recommendations to the Regional Property Manager regarding reports and procedure innovations to streamline operations.
- Construction management review and oversight for tenant build outs and assist with capital projects.
- Manage and grow the profitability of each asset via rent collections, creative income initiatives, and expense management.
- Work on multiple projects, with varying priority levels, and meeting the agreed upon objectives.
- Assist and work closely with the property management team and Financial Operations, Marketing, Leasing, and Development teams to facilitate the successful execution of company and asset objectives.
Focus Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee Office operations at a multi-faceted development.
- Manage property management activities, including tenant relations, owner relations, tenant improvement management, and capital improvement programs.
- Work with the Financial Operations group to coordinate budgeting creation, accounts receivable/payable administration, reporting, lease administration and project performance.
- Follow project property management standard operating systems and procedures, working to meet specific performance benchmarks set for the asset.
- Develop close relationships with tenants via quick response to needs, regular visits, and proactive communication.
- Analyze, recommend and manage vendor relationships and agreements with competitive bidding and monitoring of performance. Evaluate the changing needs of the asset on an annual basis to ensure it is consistently maintained in a first class condition.
- Analyze and execute sustainability compliance initiatives as able to increase building efficiencies.
- Review and work on the monthly funding request and ownership reports.
- Ensure adherence to lease agreement and to management agreement to ensure requirements are met. Manage monthly ownership reports, including variance and accounts receivable explanations as well as annual budget creation and approval reforecasting as required.
- Ensure rent collection procedures are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Manage asset level and tenant insurance requirements to assure minimal liability is maintained at all times for the asset.
- Review and code invoices.
- Actively participate in industry associations such as BOMA, Institute of Real Estate Management
- (IREM), Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution with preference for a focus in Management, Finance or Economics.
- Real Estate License preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in commercial real estate.
- Strong construction management experience is a must.
- Proven track record of leading a team.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of MRI, Kardi, & Yardi is preferred. Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills essential including strong spelling, editing, proofreading, punctuation and grammar skills.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage all information with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Exceptional follow-through skills.
- Fiscally responsible.
- Ability to plan ahead and think “outside the box”.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic, character, values and confident attitude.
- Professional appearance.
- Action and results oriented. Client service focus.
Ability to think analytically, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb ladders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.