As a Project Manager, you will manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that all deadlines are met. Our core business is technology based: software, hardware, product development and various IoT platforms. You will also take the lead on projects, delegating tasks, and managing the productivity of your team.
You will be responsible for assigning tasks to the right team members, checking on their progress, and ensuring that each project is completed on time and to the highest standard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget
• Organize and plan project tasks and schedules
• Manage tasks in accordance with Project Management Institute (PMI) standards and those of the company
• Communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants
• Stay aware of company goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities
• Facilitate and encourage collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully
• Delegate work to team members based on skills and expertise
• Optimize project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting
• Work with proposal teams to develop cost estimates and project plans
• Create presentations and reports to communicate project status
• Keep the project team focused on the end goal
• Experience managing projects related to new product development, software development, and hardware or electronics design projects.
• Demonstrable problem-solving project management experience and skills
• A bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, informational technology, or related fields may be recommended
• Knowledge of project management methodologies such as DACI and best practices
• Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
• Strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
• Proficiency in project management tools and software, including Trello, Asana, ClickUp, Pivotal Tracker, or Basecamp
• Experience with cloud-based hosting platforms and version control tools
• Ability to travel up to 30%
The job skills required for Project Manager include Project Management, Problem Solving, Microsoft Office, Collaboration, Written Communication,and Budgeting etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Manager for your reference.