As a member of the group treatment team, the contractual Therapist acts as an advocate for the adult population that the Heartline program serves by providing clinical assessment as needed; formulates and assesses treatment plans; provides individual, group and family therapy and training; appears in court when necessary; attends case conferences/communicates with corrections/parole officers as necessary. The Heartline programs’ primary focus is to serve as a residential, substance abuse treatment and halfway house facility for adult women.
- The contractual Therapist will be responsible for ensuring everyone successfully completes the goals set forth in their treatment plan by providing individual, group and family therapy (as needed) and training to the adults designed to improve social functioning without the usage of substances.
- Offer advice on community support services and collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure treatment plans are successful.
- Guide the individual clients through the entire treatment process, including interviewing and orientating with them and their families; maintain complete and detailed case records; prepare ongoing summaries of services indicating client case history and progress; document progress notes for clients; participate in discharge planning and placement; provide case management services.
- Represent the agency in court and accurately testify to the progress of cases; attend all required hearings and meetings pursuant to cases, clients, children, and families; make assessments and recommendations based on the best interest of the client.
- Perform administrative duties to meet objectives set by the Director of Transitional Programs and senior management; create and maintain records and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvement of program services; participate in developing department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate commitment to the social sector with a passion for MCHS’s mission and vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Transitional Programs.