Do you like…
…to effect change using Agile/Lean/DevOps processes?
…to create innovative ways to solve problems?
…getting hands-on with leading technologies?
…the challenge of exploring and building something new?
If so, join MEMIC’s Information Technology Department as our next DevOps Architect. We need innovators like you to help us transform the company.
The DevOps Architect defines, communicates, and manages the execution of MEMIC’s tactical plan to streamline delivery of software and configuration and enable continuous improvement through automation and integration. Working in collaboration with IT development and infrastructure teams, the incumbent implements and maintains automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployment processes.
The architect serves as a trusted advisor to IT and business leaders, keeping abreast of new technologies and trends with an eye towards both efficiency and innovation, and is a mentor to help other IT staff grow and learn.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategy and roadmaps to automate routines and repeatable tasks and identify, create, and support them through deployment.
- Identify viable solutions and roadmaps for system integrations that meet the needs of the company and align with our strategic goals.
- Support small or large, complex application deployments, configuration settings, and database migrations using the automated deployment systems and scripting tools.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert for web application deployment related issues, concerns, and needs.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions to further expand our use of deployment and test automation technology across the organization in accordance with business objectives.
- Interact with other IT teams to share technical expertise.
- Effectively translates use cases and requirements into repeatable processes and system designs.
- Assist and provides technical quality oversight at various points throughout a project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field plus 5 or more years of experience in system administration, software development, IT engineering, and / or IT architecture or an equivalent combination required.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups. Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders.
- Experience building automated pipelines with Azure DevOps required.
- Proficiency with SQL Server 2012 or higher and Microsoft Windows Server technologies including Internet Information Server (IIS) required.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git or TFS in a team environment required.
- Proficiency with PowerShell and other scripting languages preferred.
- Experience with Azure and Cloud Service continuous delivery systems preferred.
- Experience with container technologies (such as Docker and Kubernetes) preferred.
- Familiarity with .NET and ASP.NET web application development and administration preferred.
- Involvement with the Software Development Life Cycle from problem definition, requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation; including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver on customer expectations by producing high quality products in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be resourceful, creative, and outcomes-oriented, with the ability to take initiative and address problems cooperatively.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes all traditional offerings such as:
- Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account with potential employer match
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing & discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
We also offer other benefits to help foster a healthy, balance lifestyle such as:
- Flextime schedules
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
- Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
- One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
- On-site fitness center (Maine & Virginia) or fitness reimbursement
- Subsidized parking
- Sit-Stand desks & daily stretch breaks
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. MEMIC is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
MEMIC is a safety company; therefore we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless an employee is allowed an exemption from this requirement due to a reasonable accommodation for legally protected medical or religious reasons.