Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities of Rooms Operations of areas that include Housekeeping, Recreation. Laundry, Staff, AYS and Concierge/Guest Services. Position assists in working with employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the property’s cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
• Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
• Understands the functions of the Recreation. Laundry, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, AYS, Front Desk and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
• Assists in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responding to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
The job skills required for Assistant Housekeeping Manager include Housekeeping, Laundry, Customer Service, Guest Service, Futures, Loss Prevention, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Assistant Housekeeping Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Assistant Housekeeping Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Customer ServiceView Jobs
Guest ServiceView Jobs
Loss PreventionView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Assistant Housekeeping Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Assistant Housekeeping Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Housekeeping Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Assistant Housekeeping Manager. You can explore the career advancement for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Assistant Housekeeping Manager for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Assistant Housekeeping Manager job description and responsibilities
A housekeeping assistant manager may also have to handle the complaints of guests, keep track of vacant rooms, assign keys and prepare meeting rooms for events.
03/17/2022: Moline, IL
Assistant Housekeeping Manager role also means needing to discipline and reward housekeeping staff as needed, collaborate with other hotel personnel and keep track of expenses.
02/20/2022: New Suffolk, NY
Assigning routine duties / changed duties to the housekeeping staff.
04/11/2022: Paramus, NJ
Handling key cabinet that contains the keys of all floors’ master keys and housekeeping store keys.
02/16/2022: Columbus, MS
Assigning the team members their duties, and inspecting the work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
02/17/2022: Chico, CA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Assistant Housekeeping Manager jobs
Housekeeping means performing all the duties towards cleaning, maintaining orderliness, and running a house or a business property.
01/29/2022: Abilene, TX
Monitoring housekeeping equipment and hotel property.
02/24/2022: Santa Maria, CA
The supervisors report to the Assistant Housekeeper.
03/18/2022: Stamford, CT
The housekeeping staff must follow the given principles with regard to comfort and privacy of the guest.
01/24/2022: Medford, OR
The housekeeping staff needs to clean desks, fans, ceiling, chairs, and computers.
03/30/2022: Muskegon, MI
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Assistant Housekeeping Manager.