The Area Manager manages the overall operation of two or more hotels through maintaining established cost and quality standards maximizing profits developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations. Additional responsibilities could include troubleshooting at underperforming hotel/s or acting as General Manager at one or more hotels. The major responsibility in this position is to oversee all of the major operations of the hotel. Therefore a significant portion of time will be spent moving about the property listening and speaking to guests and employees. A large portion of time of time is spent creating financial reports and interpreting and analyzing business records/ statistical reports. A portion of time will be spent assisting the sales force in developing and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used.
- This person will need to have strong speaking reading and writing skills to ensure effective communication throughout the hotels.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales ensure daily ABR meetings focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account calls each person will make and the potential business results of these calls.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of hotel's annual budget plan and monitors performance of the hotel throughout the year.
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly basis.
- Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Conduct monthly financial calls with properties in a timely fashion
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers and available supervisors.
- Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest through employee development and motivation.
- Complete property visits on a consistent basis and provide trip reports accordingly.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers and all other employees.
- Review weekly and monthly financial position by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all management personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Meet sales clients on the property including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
Austin Marriott South offers an array of amenities to satisfy business and leisure travelers. With Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to the east and vibrant downtown destinations to the north, it's easy to access everything this city has to offer. After an action-packed day of meetings or sightseeing, guests can unwind in a comfortable room or suite with plush bedding, high-speed internet access and a flat-panel TV with premium cable channels. When hunger strikes, we invite our guests to stop by Limestone Kitchen Restaurant & Bar, open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. Catering to professional and social events, our hotel offers special group rates in addition to 18,626 square feet of versatile space across 16 meeting rooms. Our professional team can help plan memorable weddings, business gatherings and corporate celebrations.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan