Licensed Practical Nurse
$2,500 sign-on bonus available!
Marathon Health is seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who has knowledge and experience in primary care and preventative services to treat and work with employees and families (ages 16 ) of the City of Asheville at their corporate health and wellness center in Asheville, NC.
If you are an LPN who wants to work in a setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you! Join a health care organization where the emphasis is on health outcomes, not patient volume and billing.
This is a 40 hour per week position with:
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision; as well as FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with a company match
- Life and disability
- Three weeks of paid time off (PTO), plus an extra floating holiday each year
- Time off and reimbursement for continuing education (CME)
- Support for career growth through professional development and advancement opportunities
- No nights, no on-call, and no holidays
- Predictable hours – so you can balance work and life!
- Schedule: Mon – Thurs: 7:00a – 4:30p; Friday: 7:00a – 1:00p
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). The selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for supporting both the front and back office, including greeting and rooming patients, scheduling, answering phones, taking vitals, drawing blood, administering vaccines, and providing additional clinical support wherever needed. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the center’s staff is a key ingredient to success in this position.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for patient-centered care by measuring and recording vital signs, placing patients in exam rooms, preparing patients for exams/procedures.
- Assisting the health care provider with exams/procedures, providing patient support during exams and entering visit notes into the EHR.
- Provide patient care by administering medications, processing patient phone calls per Marathon Health protocols, instructing patients regarding health care and treatments, and providing health care provider with information pertaining to patients' health status.
- Maintain medical supply inventory, stocking exam rooms and overall clerical support as needed.
- Utilize customer service, communication, and computer skills, to ensure the patient’s experience is of the highest quality.
- Training new ambassadors as needed.
- Assist with yearly skills competencies for all clinical support staff.
- May be required to float to other clinics, as needed, for staffing.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as an LPN, preferably with primary care
- Phlebotomy/venipuncture/lab draw experience required
- Ability to use a computer and enter data in electronic medical record system
- 3 years of experience in a clinic setting
- 1 year of phlebotomy/venipuncture experience
- Previous experience using Athena electronic medical record
- Attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with patients and strong computer skills required
- Ability to communicate with coworkers, providers and patients in an effective and collegial manner
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in an environment where health education and outreach is important to you and challenges you to make a difference
COVID-19 Vaccinations are not mandated at Marathon Health unless there are specific client requirements or applicable state laws.