Job Description: Lead Cooks are a valuable member of our health care team who work to supervise and direct the dietary department and assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining its programs and activities.
About us: Windsor Ridge is an assisted living facility located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Windsor Ridge is seeking a Lead Cook to become a part of our team where our primary goal is to provide exceptional care to our residents.
About the Role: Windsor Ridge is seeking a Lead Cook
- To supervise/manage and direct the dietary department and assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining its programs and activities.
- To coordinate dietary services and activities with nursing services and other related departments.
- That assist in developing, reviewing and planning normal, special and therapeutic diet plans for residents.
- To ensure meals are prepared and served in accordance with menu, diet and resident preferences and established portion control procedures.
- That can forecast needs of the department and assist in preparing and planning the dietary department’s budget for food, equipment, supplies and labor.
- To develop for each resident preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the dietary needs and written dietary care plans that identify the dietary problems and or needs of the residents and the goals to be accomplished for each dietary problem and/or need identified.
About you: The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian or Certified Dietary Manager which meets the standards established by the American Dietetic Association or special extended food service education in accordance with State and Federal Regulatory agencies.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Ability to read and write in English, ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel and support agencies and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Must display good emotional health and be capable of extended periods of standing, bending and heavy lifting.
We’d love for you to grow with us! Windsor Ridge offers:
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Student loan Repayment Program
- Career advancement Opportunities: We’d love to help train and get you certified into a new career!
Windsor Ridge offers the above and many other benefits and perks!
If you are ready to join the Windsor Ridge Family, please apply online today!
Windsor Ridge is an equal opportunity employer and gives employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law.