Our client located in Flushing Queens is looking to hire a Payroll Administrator who will be processing Payroll on a direct hire basis. The hiring company has been well established for many years and is seeking someone to be a true Payroll Administrator who is proficient with ADP Workforce Now. Core days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position will be onsite.
This position is responsible for the administration of the company’s payroll and time and attendance system. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including recordkeeping and reporting.
We are looking for a highly driven person with a positive attitude to join the team.
• Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required:
· Data entry for all time and attendance and personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, accruals, etc.
· Ensure, State and Federal taxes are filed, including quarter and year-end reconciliations.
· Gross to net calculation, audit and balancing.
· Manual check calculation and preparation.
· Direct deposit setup and maintenance
· Set up 401(k) loan deductions
· Register for employer tax accounts for state and local withholding and unemployment accounts.
· Respond to all payroll related correspondence and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
· Provide customer service to employees in areas that relate to their pay/taxes
• Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports.
• Assist with quarterly and year-end processing including reviews of W2 tax statements.
• Respond to tax authorities, legal notifications and coordinate correspondence with ADP.
• Set up Time and Attendance access for temp and regular full/part-time employees.
• Respond to federal reporting requirements (i.e., Vets 100 and EEO-1 Reports, and AAP).
• Research and resolve payroll problems, perform scheduled activities, and liaison with service providers.
• Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
• Complete Verification of Employment requests
• Provide Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation and Disability processes and reporting requirements.
• Serve as the backup in the administration of company benefits and reconciliation of benefit invoices.
• Assist with gathering of information for various government filings.
• Update headcount and OT report monthly and distribute.
• Document workflow and work procedures.
• Maintain exception accruals/adjust accruals in ADP.
• Create/maintain commission agreements and ensure that applicable employees have signed their agreements
• Collect and Maintain Cage Holiday Schedules
• Maintain Ohio and Washington state Worker’s Compensation
• Process 401(k) Loans/Distributions and implement deductions
• Maintain UNUM rate updates
• Complete DOL statistic report
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years of payroll and benefits administration experience in multi-state company with at least 250 employees
• Benefits administration experience
• Familiarity with Worker’s Compensation, Disability and Unemployment laws and associated forms
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Labor Manager modules.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Understanding of accounting entries related to payroll processes.
• Understanding of employment and tax laws in various states.
Job Type: Full-time
Full medical, dental, PTO, etc.
Salary is based upon experience but the target is $60-70k.
If you are interested in this Payroll Administrator position located in Flushing Queens, and are qualified, please apply!
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The job skills required for Payroll Administrator include Accounting, Payroll Processing, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Data entry, ADP Workforce Now, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Payroll Administrator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Payroll Administrator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Payroll Administrator positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Payroll Administrator, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Payroll Administrator III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Payroll Administrator. You can explore the career advancement for a Payroll Administrator below and select your interested title to get hiring information.