We’re in the business of Good
Lions Clubs International is the largest service club organization in the world. Our 1.4 million members are serving locally and globally to help take on some of the biggest challenges facing humanity.
Every Lion and club is supported by our international association. More than 300 Lions International staff members are constantly working on tools and technology to enhance Lions’ service. When caring people join together, roll up their sleeves and take action to make their community better, it’s an incredible feeling for everyone involved.
Here's how you can help. We are currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join our team and rise to the challenge of empowering service. Please note this is a hybrid position, currently in office two days per week.
Provide assistance to the A/R Department by answering phones, scanning, responding to email, and other miscellaneous projects as assigned. Provide customer service by responding to related inquires and correspondence.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and respond to inquiries and correspondence pertaining to deposits and related matters, including AR statements and reports in an accurate, timely manner.
- Answer phones, scan payment receipts, respond to emails and enter miscellaneous transactions as assigned.
- Process electronic payments, research and provide copies of statements, invoices, history ledgers, as requested.
- Assist in emailing statements and history ledgers as assigned.
- Assist in emailing regular communications to district and club officers as assigned.
- To perform fill-in functions on essential open work assignments that might occur within the department on a temporary, day to day basis, as might be needed.
- Assist in every-day projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Graduation from high school, some college and accounting bookkeeping courses preferred. 1-3 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable or customer service desirable.
- Excellent math, analytical and problem-solving skills. Organized and very detailed oriented, with a high degree of accuracy within a high volume and deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Experience with computerized AR/Accounting software such as SAP is helpful. The ability to operate a calculator by touch.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including business writing.
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain good member service relations with tact and courtesy.
- Lockbox, multiple currency and bank reconciliation experience helpful.
- Fluency in a second language a plus.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Lions Clubs International has excellent benefits for you and your family. We believe in a balanced work-life and have programs and benefit plans to support our employees, such as:
- Three weeks paid time off plus time off for volunteering
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Reimbursable training
- Casual dress
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on the work we do, and we know that having varied perspectives helps generate innovative ideas to solve complex problems in an ever-changing world.
Lions Clubs International Is an Equal Opportunity Employer