You haven't searched anything yet.
Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting of the financial operations of assigned properties. This includes financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and cash management
Desired Competency, Experience and Skills:
· Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical ability
· Well-organized; self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities
· 2 years of public accounting and/or commercial real estate accounting experience preferred
· Knowledge of GAAP (specifically, real estate)
· Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, recoveries, budgeting and forecasting
· Bachelor`s degree in Accounting preferred; CPA a plus, but not required
· Experience in MRI, Yardi, Skyline, JD Edwards, CTI systems desired
· Proficiency in PC-based software such as Microsoft Excel
· Responsible for the general ledgers for assigned properties, including monthly journal entries, income and expense accruals, expense recovery true-ups review, GAAP adjustments and bank reconciliations.
· Understanding of accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), cash receipts and lease administration functions of commercial real estate and how they drive the financial results of assigned project.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages on the assigned portfolio of properties. The packages include analyses and support schedules of all balance sheet account and explanations of significant variances in income statement accounts.
· Review annual expense reconciliation schedules and billings to tenants.
· Prepare detailed interim and year-end working papers and support schedules requested by internal and external auditors.
· Work with the external auditors and prepare the draft annual financial statements and notes.
· Assist with audits in terms of research, analysis, documentation and response.
· Responsible for the annual property budget and quarterly forecast review. This includes review of of the lease and expense data in the prescribed software to generate revenue, expense and capital budget/forecasts, and preparation of property GAAP adjustments.
· Assist in preparation of the budget/forecast packages including detailed analysis of the revenue, expense and capital components.
· Prepare monthly cash forecast
· Assist Managers and Controllers with ad hoc requests.
· Handle special projects, as assigned.
About Lincoln Property Company
Lincoln Property Company (“Lincoln”) is one of the nation’s largest diversified real estate services companies with thirty-five offices across the globe. Founded in 1965, Lincoln's combined management and leasing portfolio on behalf of institutional clients includes more than 470 million square feet of commercial space. Offering a comprehensive suite of real estate solutions, Lincoln manages, leases, develops, and provides advisory services to owners and occupiers of office, life science, retail, industrial, data center, production studio, and mixed-used properties throughout the United States, United Kingdom, and Europe. In addition to providing third party real estate services, Lincoln has principally acquired and developed more than $24 billion and 62 million square feet of commercial projects since 2018. For more information, visit: www.lpc.com.
All job offers are contingent on completion of a background check and proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
3,000 - 7,500
A MACK POGUE
$1B - $3B
Lincoln Property provides diversified commercial real estate services in the United States.
The job skills required for Project Accountant include Accounting, Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Microsoft Excel, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Accountant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Accountant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Project Accountant positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Project Accountant, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Project Accountant III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Project Accountant. You can explore the career advancement for a Project Accountant below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Accountant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Accountant for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Project Accountant job description and responsibilities
Project accountants provide financial support, guidance, and oversight for specific business projects.
02/07/2022: Jamestown, NY
Project accountants often develop a project accounting plan to ensure the projects they manage are completed on-budget and on-time.
01/24/2022: Tuscaloosa, AL
Project accountants generally streamline financial processes to ensure the timely and efficient completion of projects.
03/14/2022: San Antonio, TX
Accountants are responsible for a wide variety of finance-related tasks that are primarily associated with preparing financial records.
03/17/2022: Appleton, WI
A project accountant manages the expenses, billing, and budget for one or more projects.
01/20/2022: Youngstown, OH
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Project Accountant jobs
Develop project management skills.
03/03/2022: Savannah, GA
Understanding the project requirements and creating budgets and financial reports.
03/28/2022: Jackson, MS
Possess strong project management/reporting skills.
03/28/2022: Milwaukee, WI
Participate on project teams or provide subject matter expertise to project groups as required.
03/28/2022: Columbia, SC
Project accountants can benefit from joining many different types of accounting-based organizations.
02/26/2022: Vincennes, IN