Competitive Salary and full benefits package after 30 days. (FORWARD RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS)
Lester R. Summers, Inc. is accepting resumes for an experienced Accountant with Management objectives. This is a full-time, in-office position.
The individual will report directly to the company president and be responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. Applicant should be able to perform routine financial calculations and general ledger duties, check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees, create a budget for the company and forecast trends, as well as all other duties listed in “Essential Functions” shown below. This is an upwardly advancing position with the hope of joining the Executive Management team within 5-8 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of a computerized accounting system including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports
- Knowledge of Trucking Industry helpful but will be required to learn essential functions of Trucking Industry
- Must be well versed with Microsoft Excel and have a general working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Must have a working understanding of QuickBooks
- Must have RELIABLE attendance, possess supervisory skills, as well as excellent communication & written skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Weekly payroll processing. Paying the required tax deposits and filing the required reports.
- Administration of the company retirement plans.
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Reconciles and reports discrepancies found in records
- Classifies records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Complies with government laws, regulations and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Prepares and reconciles weekly driver per diem statements
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.