Join the excitement of a dynamic company committed to providing exceptional neurological rehabilitation to adults with brain injury! Learning Services, a Collage Rehabilitation Partner is seeking a Full Time Physical Therapist to join our team in Roswell and Lilburn, GA. Learning Services, a Collage Rehabilitation Partner is a growing organization dedicated to excellence, honesty and ethics in the treatment of our clients and each other. We are a growing organization dedicated to excellence, honesty and ethics in the treatment of our clients and each other. For more than 35 years, we’ve developed programs to meet the diverse needs of clients with moderate to severe traumatic and acquired brain injuries.We provide treatment for post-concussion syndrome, stroke, memory loss, neurobehavioral issues and accident or sports-related head injuries. Our CARF accredited, post-acute residential programs are offered in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh regions of Pennsylvania, Escondido and Gilroy regions of California, as well as in New Jersey, Louisiana, Maryland, Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia, and Utah.
Full Time - Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
A skilled physical therapist will perform examination, evaluation, diagnose and treatment to clients with medical or health related conditions that limit their abilities to move or perform functional activities of their daily lives. Also responsible to train staff in any necessary techniques or procedures regarding client mobility and pedestrian safety in community (in collaboration with OT).
Essential Duties & Functions
- Performs examination consisting of patient/client history, systems review and appropriate tests and measures.
- Completes evaluation of prognosis and implementation of plan of care to provide interventions, conduct re-examination, modify interventions based on outcomes and development and implement discharge plan.
- Utilizes treatment techniques to promote ability to move, reduce pain, re-store function and prevent disability which interrelate with other disciplines and supports ReMed’s philosophy
- Prevent loss of mobility to clients by developing fitness and wellness oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Restore, maintain and promote optimal physical function, wellness and fitness, quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Prevent the onset of symptoms and progression of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities that may result from disease, disorder, conditions, or injuries.
- Provides direct and consultative physical therapy services, including assessments and treatments in accordance with regulation, standards, and guidelines defined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Code of Ethical Practice, State Practice Acts, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPPA), Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and established ReMed policy and procedures.
- Plans and implements evidence based in-service presentations to appropriate audience as indicated.
- Train/educate families, funders, employers, significant others as needed to support the treatment and discharge plan.
- Assess and implement treatments for vocational/avocational pursuits by providing timely assessments for the vocational evaluation; providing task analysis for jobs as requested; developing strategies for the job.
- Assess, develop, and monitor, as needed adaptive equipment and/or compensatory strategies based on the treatment and discharge plans.
- Responsible for teaching other team members strategies needed to support the client’s treatment plan.
- Assists RCM and team in discharge planning process, assessing and securing needed services, modifying strategies for discharge setting, and educating caregivers.
- Participates in team meetings and/or provides necessary information and interfaces with treatment team to establish rehabilitation goals and coordinates treatment necessary to support client’s treatment plan. Assist team in remaining focused on goals and discharge plan.
- In collaboration with the RCM/Clinical Specialist/Director, identifies and consults with physicians and other health care providers outside of the primary treatment team as needed.
- Keeps current with professional certification/licensing requirements and participates in continuing education.
- Completes therapy assessments and evaluation documentation according to established timeframes.
- Writes monthly treatment plan reports according to guidelines and time frames in the Goal Writing manual and documents therapy sessions on session notes as they occur.
- Records the accurate date and length of each client contact or service in the program file or monthly billing sheet according to program guidelines.
- Prioritizes tasks to balance direct client treatment, staff communication, program responsibilities and written documentation.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- PPE Training and Supplies Provided
- Excellent On Call System
- COVID Testing Available
- Intensive, on-going training
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in physical therapy and state licensure is required; professional certification and or a master’s degree in physical therapy is preferred. Experience in treatment of neurologically related physical disorders in community based settings is strongly preferred. Excellent planning, organizational, writing, and time management skills are required. Ability to communicate with families, professionals, and co-workers is a must.