Introduction to Learning Jungle:
At Learning Jungle, we make an impact on young minds and help to build a better tomorrow for the next generation. We look for like-minded individuals who have a passion to make a difference in children’s lives through learning. We connect with our local communities by putting family first. Learning Jungle employees are committed to providing a safe learning environment, giving children a sense of belonging, achievement and individuality while allowing parents to feel at ease and confident in the well-being of their family.
Join our team and make a difference in your community! Our Hope Valley Center is looking for a Full-time Infant Teacher.
What we offer!
- Two weeks paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Discounted childcare tuition
- Medical benefits & 401k with 4% employer match
- Training and development
Reporting to the Center Director, the Teacher will be in charge of the learning objectives of children and the creation and management of a variety of learning environments and activities that will provide opportunities for children to develop to their fullest potential. Learning Jungle teachers work as a team with fellow staff to promote the interests of the children in particular and the school in general.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Interacting and supervising children.
- Maintaining state regulations for licensing and sanitation.
- Planning and implementing lesson plans.
- Providing basic care for children which includes feeding, grooming, and changing diapers.
- Developing age-appropriate socialization skills in children.
- Encouraging positive behavior and good manners.
- Using various learning methods such as stories, games, and drawing to intellectually stimulate children.
- Identifying behavioral problems and developing appropriate strategies to address them.
- Attending staff meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Holding regular parent-teacher meetings to address any issues, concerns, or parent complaints.
- Providing a pleasant, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Communicating with parents and providing updates on children’s progress.
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior for children in their classrooms.
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents.
- Manage classroom activities including lessons, play, breaks and meals.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the class rooms and common areas - trash removal and disposal from the classrooms and kitchens as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and education requirements:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a licensed childcare facility
- ECE Degree (preferred), and/or Degree in related field (required for Lead Teacher)
- NC Early Childhood Credentials (EDU 119) and/or ECE classes (required for Lead Teacher)
- Willing to obtain CPR & First Aid
- Must pass state of NC requirements: fingerprint and criminal background check, TB test, annual physical examination
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Must have strong organizational skills and high motivation.
- Must have ability to relate well to parents, children, and staff.
- Must have flexibility in order to meet daily challenges of working in a childcare environment and to be available during varied work hours as needed.
- Must possess significant experience in childcare, with knowledge of both child development and the use of developmental curriculum.
The preferred candidate will:
- Have a passion for working with children and making a difference in their lives!
- Be a team-player who can manage a learning environment and can create fun activities/lessons that develop children.
- Will be organized and able to prepare activities based off of children's ideas and interests, has worked with children and who can manage conflict.
- Be someone who is invested in the personal growth and development of children.
- Be empathetic and motivational individual that can keep up with the children.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Learning Jungle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon.