Our Inventory & Purchasing Specialist will provide planning and management of all warehouse operations to ensure the proper flow of parts and materials from our headquarters team & vendors to the warehouse to customer locations. This professional will achieve service and cost objectives in supporting material needs and provide efficient warehousing operations.
This significant role on our team is an individual contributor and has minimal travel requirements (less than 15%).
- Ensures timely and accurate receiving, staging, ticketing, placement, planning, distribution, delivery and replenishment of parts and materials.
- Utilizes the computer system to maintain accurate inventory levels and costs. Prepares and controls all purchase orders and invoices, shipping receipts, etc., on job-related equipment, material, parts, supplies, and tools.
- Checks inventory for reordering needs and places orders with appropriate vendors.
- Negotiates with vendors and suppliers for the best price on quality products.
- Stays in touch with Service and Sales professionals to assist with unexpected needs. Ensures that required materials are filled and delivered as well as schedules such deliveries.
- Supplies parts pricing information to technicians as needed for job costing.
- Supervises physical inventory counts performed during scheduled inventories.
- Coordinates the pulling of inventories and load-outs to ensure that technicians have all of the required items to complete the assigned work.
- Maintains vendor relationships to assure quality service and competitive pricing.
- Operates a forklift tractor and receives/checks deliveries of parts and equipment.
- Maintains inventory systems, ensuring that assets are protected and controlled.
- Generates reports and measures of departmental operations as well as records on all inventory and tools.
- Ensures that documentation and returns of overstocks and warranted parts and materials are handled appropriately to ensure receipt of credits. As well as follows-up on credit postings.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned or that become necessary to fulfill the company's responsibilities and needs with respect to its business
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in similar role, parts/warehousing, and/or purchasing
- Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Ability to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis
- Holds a valid Driver’s License
- Currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Successfully fulfill pre-employment onboarding requirements including background checks for criminal/civil and motor vehicle records
- Working experience with, or knowledge of, robotic, electrical, and/or electronic products
- Additional certifications (ex. forklift operator, QWLP, OSHA, CWLP, CPIM, etc.)
- Proven work history of creating strong business relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work successfully independently as well as part of an agile team
- Eager to learn with a customer-centric approach
- Detail oriented and high organizational skills
LionsBot provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
LionsBot believes in the power our differences achieve. Connecting diverse team members strengthens our mission and pushes innovation to the next level. Together we are wiser, resilient, inspired, and industry leading.