You haven't searched anything yet.
Sarasota, Florida Law Firm seeks personable, patient, hard-working paralegal. The paralegal will concentrate on assisting the attorney team with case management, case organization and client communication. Our office concentrates on representing injured and disabled individuals with their Florida Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability/Supplemental Security Income/Disability Retirement and Veteran's Administration claims. The ideal candidate will have experience in Florida Workers' Compensation.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Responsible for managing a caseload of clients
· Frequent and consistent communication with clients via phone, email, and direct mail
· Prepare thorough documentation for hearings and trials for attorneys
· Gather and analyze intake information
· Receive, organize, and respond to important documentation
· Prepare documents and correspondence for all parties
· Collect documentation such as medical records, bills, and loss of income
· Monitor and respond to a large volume of emails and client inquiries
· Update client files with accurate and updated contact information
· Other duties as assigned by senior leaders and attorneys at the Firm
Qualifications & Skills
· Knowledge of concepts, terminology, and procedures of Florida Workers' Compensation
· Exceptional people and communications skills
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
· Must be able to jump into existing caseload and move cases forward
· Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a fast pace environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· At least two years of experience in a FL Workers' Compensation Law Firm or professional office setting (preferred but not required)
· Full time, 40 hours per week position with some additional time required during peak activity
· Lift up to 20 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
50 - 100
ALEX C DELL
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Paralegal include Microsoft Office, Attention to Detail, Case Management, Communication Skills, Health insurance, Work ethic, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Paralegal. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Paralegal. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Paralegal positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Paralegal, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Paralegal IV that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Paralegal. You can explore the career advancement for a Paralegal below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Paralegal, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Paralegal for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Paralegal job description and responsibilities
A paralegal can prepare legal writing under supervision of an attorney, and conduct research for a case.
02/22/2022: Alamogordo, NM
Paralegals, also known as legal assistants, are primarily responsible for providing support to attorneys.
01/23/2022: Riverside, CA
Working under the supervision of Judge Advocate Generals (attorneys), Paralegal specialists help provide legal counsel and services to their clients.
12/10/2021: Concord, NH
Paralegals may be employed as assistants to lawyers, or do other limited but lawyer-like work.
12/15/2021: Columbus, GA
Additionally, a paralegal’s relational skills are crucial as they work with their attorneys.
02/03/2022: Harrisburg, PA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Paralegal jobs
Earn a Professional Certification & Develop Additional SkillsDeveloping Additional Skills.
02/27/2022: Washington, DC
Some employers may require paralegals to have a set amount of experience, typically six months to three years.
02/06/2022: High Point, NC
Frame the perfect paralegal skills for resume that stand out amongst every other average paralegal resumes.
12/16/2021: Bakersfield, CA
Commercial Paralegals will need drafting skills for agreements, contracts and alike, whereas litigation paralegals draft pleadings, discovery documents, briefs etc.
02/26/2022: Reno, NV
Paralegals should have strong writing skills and attention to detail—demonstrate these qualities by fixing grammatical, spelling or syntax errors.
01/07/2022: Abilene, TX
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Paralegal.