You haven't searched anything yet.
Who we are:
KW Corporation is a growing technology-based company based in Fowlerville, Michigan. We love what we do and we think it’s important; we are looking for more hardworking people to help us tackle additional client assignments. You are guaranteed to grow professionally and will develop strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills under our roof. You’ll likely meet a few lifelong friends, as we have a tendency to bond over technology. We need more versatile, dedicated, unique individuals who want to keep up with the ongoing evolution of this industry. We offer a lot of innovative solutions for our clients and strive to adapt to their needs, so being bored isn't our thing.
Our footprint is constantly taking us to the Grand Rapids area, so we are looking to hire someone to cover this territory; we are open to entertaining upper and lower MI applicants as well. Our warehouse is located in Fowlerville, but we dispatch our techs from their location, whenever possible. A company vehicle will be provided.
Why you will love it here:
· Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, along with company matches to 401(k) more
· Family-orientated atmosphere with the common goal to succeed AND strike a work-life balance. After all, you have to have both to be happy
· Paid time off
· Mobile phone stipend, company credit card, company vehicle
· Open and collaborative work environment
· Company outings and events
· A real voice in what goes on around here
A collaborative leadership team of business professionals, who all came from the field in their early careers. You’ll find that everyone, even up to the President/VP level, will still get their hands dirty and head to site. And they love it!
KW has a variety of projects in our pipeline; some of the projects, we are willing and able to train someone without industry experience. Other assigned projects will challenge skilled technicians. All projects require some travel; we have a number of local sites to complete, while other sites will be out of state. Travel typically only happens throughout the week. The bullet points below outline the different scopes in our current pipeline. We consider skillset and also interest level when assigning projects to technicians. Cross-training will happen as much as possible, so if there are things our techs cannot do upon hire, we get them there along the way!
· Install, test, modify and terminate Cat 5/6 within customer locations or applicable telecommunication zones. Perform server installs, drives, switches, routers, ladder racks, cages and cabinets. Work with customer equipment, determine work priorities/manage order commitments; conduct advanced testing; install custom ladder racking. Install, terminate, and test cable
· Perform Installs/Tests/Modifies Cross Connects and ensures proper dressing of the following: twisted pair copper cross connects, intra-building cross connects, 66 block/110 block terminations.
· Deploy cabinet rack mount PDU’s. Install cable management systems to include wire managers and patch panels.
· Rack and stack customer equipment.
· Install and test cross connect circuits (switched, multiplexed, T1, DS3, OC3-48, Eth, GigE, 10Gig etc.).
· Conduct carrier circuit maintenance.
· Troubleshoot switched / multiplexed / media converted circuits; escalates to, and works with Networking Group, as needed.
· Install circuits requiring advanced fiber terminations. Conduct carrier circuit testing.
· Work with customers to troubleshoot issues. May require console to device and perform basic config (DRAC, iLO).
· Maintain detailed written records of all work activity.
· Manage and maintain Technicians, day to day operations and appropriate project staffing requirements.
· Escalate SRs that require additional information.
· Determine work priorities from the ticketing queue and ensures adherence to all commit times.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Complete and submit deliverables and required paperwork to close out sites and maintain proper records
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of cable limitations to daily work (distance limitations, etc.)
· Able to read installation drawings (Visio drawings/spreadsheets).
· General knowledge of safe working practices (e.g., familiar with proper tool safety, eye protection, ladder safety, etc.).
· Basic understanding of Unix / Windows booting process and commands.
· Troubleshoot switched / multiplexed / Media converted cross connects and intra-building cross connects.
· Experience with troubleshooting all circuits with carriers.
· Understand System Command Language (Unix, Windows).
· Able to lift heavy equipment/items.
· Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· One or more of the following certifications preferred: Fluke CCTT Copper, Fluke CCTT Fiber, JDSU BERT Testing, Digital Lightwave Testing. BICSI Level II Copper, BICSI Level II Fiber, FOA – CFOT, Comp-TIA A, Comp TIA Network .
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs throughout the day
· Must possess strong communication skills
· Must have a disciplined approach to managing task assignments. People skills, good judgment, and flexibility are critical to this position.
· Must be willing and able to travel during the week
· Must be proficient with basic operations of a PC; ideally will be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road
25 - 50
$5M - $10M
KW is a provider of energy engineering services for commercial, institutional and industrial mechanical systems.