The HR Associate position is responsible for such duties as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, training, and customer services for employees as well as perspective candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
Adherence to company Mission, Vision, and Values:
- Must demonstrate SPIRIT in all work that is performed.
- Must understand, follow, and promote company’s Mission Vision and Values at all times.
- Must lead by example.
Pay Range: $22.00 to $28.00
- Assist with renewals and annual carrier audits
- Input all new employee rates each month in payroll
- Maintain relationship with company contracted payroll provider
- Maintain relationship with company contracted 401k provider
- Educate employees on 401k offerings
- Maintain 401k participation for eligible employees
- Assist with annual 401k and payroll audits
- Forward any/all employee inquiries to Payroll within 24 hours of receipt
- Maintain job postings for open positions in all markets
- Create and update postings often to draw talent and identify skills needed
- Create a standardized application process
- Review all forms and resumes received
- Conduct initial telephone/Skype interview/in person interview
- Manage interview process confirming technical interviews are conducted and documented in a timely fashion
- Write, submit and track all Offers of Employment
- Review Offer of Employment documents often to confirm all necessary skills are identified and requirements and responsibilities of the position are current and correct
- Confirm all hiring practices are Equal Opportunity Employer compliant
- Create employee onboarding process to include the following
- Completion of all company forms, handbooks, policies, and proprietary agreements
- Payroll Paperwork
- Benefit Paperwork
- QuickBase, Office 365, Remote Access Set Up and Training
- Company Culture and Company Expectations including company Mission, Vision,
- Values and QUEST/SPIRIT Assessment
- Employee Equipment/ Attire/ Safety Gear
- Confirmation of pre-employment testing (TB/Immunization/Pre-Employment Drug Testing)
- Confirmation of pre-employment credentialing (OSHA/Facility Credentials/Manufacturer trainings/Other)
- Background Check
- Employee introduction to internal team
- New Hire Orientation
- Create personnel and confidential files
- 90 Day Temporary Employment Period
- Create termination checklist to include the below
- Exit Interview
- Disable all KR Wolfe access and account
- Communicate with internal team
- Disable KR Wolfe sponsored credentialing
Create, initiate and manage employee review process for all employees.
- Perform 90-Day Initial Assessment Review and Annual Reviews
- Provide three peers including manager, a review form to evaluate employee
- Provide manager reviewing employee with all review forms (peer and self-assessment), employee kudos and/or warnings for prior year and pay history since hire date
- Ensure that employee review is completed prior to review date, including performance and compensation reviews
- Track and monitor all reviews in employee files and QuickBase
- Train and assist Managers with the review process.
- Listen to employee needs and disseminate information accordingly
- Answer any/all employee questions regarding KR Wolfe policies, employment, etc. within 24 hours of requested information
- Hire/terminate employees
- Send out exit interviews
- Poll employees to establish company pulse on morale and policies
- Initiate, track and manage all employee compliant trainings including Anti-harassment, equal opportunity employment, etc.
- Manage Open Enrollment for Benefits
- Support and Consult with Director and Management roles to counsel, educate and/advocate employee issues.
- Maintain, monitor and execute necessary TB, drug and other client-required testing. Track for each employee and guarantee no lapse in compliance.
- Complete and document any/all requested paperwork for client required credential services. This includes badging requirements, credential services, training documentation, etc.
- maintenance and communication of records required by law, local governing bodies, and/or other departments within the organization.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances. Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Responds to employment verifications, past employment and current employment inquiries.
Performs general office duties as needed.
Remain available to all employees and management at all times.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity- Completes work in timely manner, Works quickly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. 90 Day Temporary Employment:
Status will begin on first day of work. During this time employee or company may terminate employment at will without notice if job functions listed above are not met.
This position is full time with a 40-hour work week. Normal schedule is Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. This is an hourly position and is considered non-exempt, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
An initial review will be performed at the end of the 90-day temporary employment period, and then conducted annually thereafter.