Responsible for the overall management and coordination of the human resources function including employee relations, recruiting, HRIS, compensation and benefits, training and development, and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as company policies.
• Lead recruiting and hiring practices and processes to support the hiring and retention of a superior workforce.
• Create and manage a best-in-class employee onboarding and orientation experience.
• Review and make recommendations to management for improvement of the organization's HR related policies, procedures and practices. Effectively communicate new and updated policies and procedures to employees and ensure compliance.
• Coach, train and advise managers on the execution of HR policies and processes to ensure consistent and appropriate legal and corporate compliance.
• Responsible for information requested or required for compliance with laws.
• Deliver HR related training programs including developing supportive materials for managers and employees.
• Responsible for maintaining human resources information systems that meet the organization's current and future needs.
• Responsible for benefits administration in partnership with broker.
• Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer / employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
• Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth. Coach employees and managers on employment related issues and make recommendations to help resolve and support necessary course of action between managers and employees to drive positive outcomes.
• Manage performance management process including performance improvement plans, progressive discipline process and employee development programs. Coach managers on effectively providing consistent feedback to employees and addressing performance issues.
• Partner with management to implement employee engagement initiatives including recognition programs.
• Assist in the review and administration of the organization's compensation (wage and salary) programs.
• Assist with obtaining competitive market research to establish appropriate pay practices and salary bands.
• Maintain knowledge of human resources trends and employment legislation.
• Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations and improve employee experience.
• Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned.
• 5 years of progressive human resources experience in a in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment while delivering independent results.
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach and motivate employees and managers.
• Superior ability to resolve issues with professionalism and diplomacy.
• Superior ability to prioritize, multitask and problem solve.
The job skills required for HR Director include Employee Relations, Initiative, Futures, HRIS, Onboarding,and Benefit administration etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a HR Director. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by HR Director. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a HR Director, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a HR Director for your reference.