We are looking for a creative, dedicated, and experienced professional to join our team. A successful Administrative Assistant II will tackle complex administrative work requiring initiative, discretion, and the ability to perform a variety of assignments. The Assistant works effectively within fixed time frames, with minimal supervision and a high level of attention to detail.
The Assistant will provide administrative support to Planning staff and the Planning Commission as well as all other Boards and Committees managed by the agency. The work will involve a broad range of assignments and will require the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Typical job duties include:
· Prepares agenda packages and other materials for Board meetings.
· Attends meetings, records and transcribes minutes of meetings, and provides staff support to Boards and Committees, some of which may convene outside core business hours.
· Notifies the public, City Council, County Commission, and other agencies of agenda items and meetings, as appropriate.
· Prepares and places public notices in newspapers and on the website for Planning-related meetings.
· Maintains official files for Planning-related functions.
· Provides precision data entry and word processing support.
· Performs other administrative and clerical duties, as may be assigned.
Skills we are looking for:
· Creative thinking and positive approach to work.
· Ability to work as part of a team and across divisions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, elected officials, department heads, and Planning, City, and County employees.
· High level of personal accountability and commitment to superior customer service.
· High school diploma, supplemented by some business education and professional certification, and six years of relevant experience.
· Strong technical skills, especially in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications and networked computer and printer operations.
· Associate’s degree and four years of relevant experience.
· Technical skills as stated above.
Detailed job description at www.knoxplanning.org
Starting salary range:
$42,000 - $48, 000 depending on qualifications.
How to apply:
Visit knoxplanning.org/careers to learn how to apply.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Living in Knoxville, Tennessee:
· Tennessee’s third largest city, home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus.
· Abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities, including the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, less than an hour’s drive away.
· High quality of life and low cost of living.
· Eclectic neighborhoods and communities.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed. If you opt to submit application materials electronically (email, LinkedIn, or other source), it is your responsibility to contact us to confirm that your materials were received.
Review of resumes and cover letters will begin immediately. The position is open until filled. It is our policy to contact only those candidates selected for an interview. An offer of employment will be contingent on the candidate passing a background check before starting work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
The job skills required for Administrative Assistant II include Administrative Support, Data entry, Planning, Initiative, Word Processing, background check, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Administrative Assistant II. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Administrative Assistant II. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Administrative Assistant II positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Administrative Assistant II, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Administrative Assistant III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Administrative Assistant II. You can explore the career advancement for an Administrative Assistant II below and select your interested title to get hiring information.