Have you always been fascinated with technology and would love to be part of a remarkable team making difference in the country’s security? Knightscope is the place to be!
Knightscope is seeking an Electrical Engineer to advance the capability, efficiency, and robustness of our Autonomous Data Machines (ADMs). You will collaborate with a team of engineers in the design, prototyping, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of ADM electrical systems. Your knowledge of and experience with electrical engineering will have significant impact on the capability of our ADMs and the service they provide to our clients.
Knightscope is a fast-paced environment populated with a highly diverse and passionate team. Your personal drive and exceptional abilities will help bring Knightscope and its services to the next level.
- Design, simulate and test digital and power electronic circuits such as high-power chargers, DC-DC voltage regulators, voltage and current monitoring, serial and differential communication protocols, ADC circuits, MOSFET switches, level shifters and microcontrollers
- Manage PCB fabrication and assembly houses, working with them to gather DRC/DFA rules and applying them to designs
- Perform prototyping in the real-world and simulation experiments to validate architecture / algorithm designs and technical approaches
- Support the deployment of software and hardware into new or existing ADMs in the fleet
- Properly maintain and document all designs, software, and processes
- Perform troubleshooting to rapidly characterize and address issues within the fleet
- Collaborate across the entire Knightscope team to maximize the capability, efficiency, and robustness of our client services.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 2 years of experience in prototyping and bringing up circuit boards
- Experience with Altium Designer toolset for schematic capture and layout of multi-layer PCBs
- Experience with developing firmware for communication and control of modules and devices relying on standards such as USB, I2C, CANbus, TCP/IP, SPI, UART and RS232
- Experience with GCC and Keil compilers; Makefiles and Build systems such as CMAKE/CLION
- Experience with simulation tools such as CST PDN, SPICE and TINA TI
- Understanding of PCB DRC and DFA rules, especially for high current applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse and distributed technical teams
- Ability to lead diverse and distributed technical teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience with 32-bit ARM (STM32F/L/G series) microcontrollers
- Experience with RTOS (FreeRTOS/RTX) and Bare Metal applications
- Ability to rework high density boards – 0402 and LGA/QFN packages
- Experience with harness design in Rapid Harness
- Experience sourcing alternative parts to tackle supply chain issues
- Ability to implement thermal management on PCBs, active and passive cooling
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Experience with Linux systems, Python, C or C
- Experience with Git
- Understanding robotic principles
- Familiar with video and audio controls.
Location: Onsite - Mountain View, California
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
Knightscope embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all different backgrounds to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.